Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Good Exuses For Blood Tests?

Started by 8888, June 15, 2012, 06:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey, I want to check my hormone levels but doc doesn't know about HRT. What are some exuses to use without telling them, and also what tests do I need (in the UK)?

BTW, if your testicles have shrunk somewhat and sperm production is low, and you KNOW most of this is a result from estrogen rather than spiro, does that meant you should have high estrogen levels? If so they why do I look more manly?
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: 8888 on June 15, 2012, 06:35:25 AM
Hey, I want to check my hormone levels but doc doesn't know about HRT. What are some exuses to use without telling them, and also what tests do I need (in the UK)?

BTW, if your testicles have shrunk somewhat and sperm production is low, and you KNOW most of this is a result from estrogen rather than spiro, does that meant you should have high estrogen levels? If so they why do I look more manly?

Complain about gynecomastia.  Test serum blood levels of E and T.

Better yet, tell your doctor.
  •  

crazy old bat

Just keep in mind that your doctor can't really do their job properly if you are withholding information about what you are taking, especially prescription meds, from them.  If you can't be honest with them, then find one you can be honest with.
  •  

lol no gynecomastia, he will ask to see my breasts. Anything else?

I tried telling two GPs they didn't really want to hear - very rushed. Now I'm way too embarrassed as I look very masculine, there doesn't appear to be any relation between my appearance and GID (psychologist already told me this is why he won't refer me to endo).
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: 8888 on June 15, 2012, 07:08:44 AM
lol no gynecomastia, he will ask to see my breasts. Anything else?

I tried telling two GPs they didn't really want to hear - very rushed. Now I'm way too embarrassed as I look very masculine, there doesn't appear to be any relation between my appearance and GID (psychologist already told me this is why he won't refer me to endo).

Another reason to perform these sorts of tests are suspected endocrine imbalances.
  •  

crazy old bat

If you just want the tests done to know where you stand on levels, you can google "blood testing in uk" and I'm sure you will find labs that will do the tests for individuals.
  •  

But through a GP they're free. Does anyone know if they send you the results through post and can you request them to be sent rather than booking another appointment?
  •  

xorguinae

Seriously find a different GP if you don't feel you can talk about it. If you're self-medicating then you really need to be monitored properly, not just for hormone levels but also liver heath etc.

Book a proper appointment not an emergency one on the day, they will have more time to spend with you, if your that embarrassed write to them beforehand. 
  •  

Miharu Barbie

Oh heavens, 8888.  Hormones are not like aspirin; they can be very dangerous powerful drugs with potential side effects that can adversely alter the course of your life or even end it under some circumstances.  I don't mean to alarm you, and I am far from a generally fear-oriented person, a fear monger, but you really should do your research and find a doctor that you feel that you can trust and confide in. 

I cannot stress this enough:  The internet is NOT a suitable alternative to competent medical supervision when it comes to altering your body's hormone environment.  Competent medical supervision is your best bet to get the fast results in the safest manner possible when it comes to HRT.  Your health is precious.  Safeguard it like you life depends on it.

Hugs!
Miharu
Free your mind and your arse will follow

HRT:                         June 1998
Full Time For Good:     November 1998
Never Looking Back:  Now!
  •