Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Dark Spotsss... Any Recommendations?

Started by CryssL, June 22, 2012, 03:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CryssL

So ya—I've tried a few "dark spot correctors" out there, and so far not so much luck.

Here's the punchline:  Am I wasting my time with department store products?  Should I just maybe go for the more highly regarded products (by name, of course), such as Proactiv, Clinique, or Estee Lauder?  Or of course, should I just consult with a professional and see about getting something clinical/prescribed?  Story below.

Totally unfortunate/thoughtless me did not use an SPF at the time of having my laser treatments last year, and have had a wonderful dark spot that spans almost the entire length of my upper lip ever since, which in some ways resembles the very thing I was trying to get rid of with the laser sessions (five o'clock shadow).

Anyway—the cheap stuff did nothing but made it worse (Ponds Dark Spot Corrector), others did nothing (Neutrogena Anti-Sun Damage/SPF 100).  It wasn't until I got to Garnier (Skin Renew; Dark Spot Corrector & Anti-Sun Damage SPF 28 Facial Moisturizer) that I started seeing progress, however, after months of using it, I realized it had pretty much done all it was going to do.  Thankfully, it did fade it somewhat, and rid of it in other places, making it now a "broken" spot (split into three different spots now).  So today I went and bought my fourth attempt:  L'Oreal YouthCode corrector and SPF 30 facial moisturizing cream.

So, back to the punchline.  Does anyone have experience with dark spots to suggest what may work best, and whether or not I'm simply wasting my time and money?  I'm seriously tired of seeing this spot, and it couldn't have developed in a worse area.  Obviously I'll give this L'Oreal stuff a try, but after this if I see no progress... I'm gonna feel a bit hopeless.

Thanks in advance for replies.
  •  

Nicolette

Sounds like hyperpigmentation. Being on a high dose of oestrogen for many years has resulted in dark patches on my skin called melasma. I got hold of some Ambi Fade Cream from the US a few weeks ago. It does seem to be working. This product contains hydoquinone 2%. Pleas read up all the risks involved with using this product before using it. Hydoquinone is banned in the UK.
  •