Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Men's shampoo and conditioner that isn't combined?

Started by jasper3, June 23, 2012, 10:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper3

Aren't there any men's shampoo and conditioner and body wash SEPARATE??
Maybe it's just because of all the years I've used smoothing and softening shampoos and conditioners, but I like them to not be together, but I don't want to smell like flowers or strawberries... -_- you think people can't tell.. PEOPLE CAN SMELL TT.TT
but anyway, any brands that have shampoo and conditioner and body wash separate but all having the same scent?

And just in case you're wondering, the reason I want them separate is because I like to control the amount of conditioner I use, too much makes my hair an oily mess and too little will ruin the colour and texture when I straighten my hair (especially since my hair is fried from all my dying and straightening lol)
I'm getting a feely feel.. A feely feel that feels.... Feely O.o
  •  

Felix

I haven't been able to find men's conditioner, so I just try to buy stuff that isn't too overbearingly girly.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Cindy

I think you will find that most men cannot smell the scent in shampoo and conditioner. T tends to lower that ability.  Sorry I don't mean that in any way rudely  :embarrassed:

But many people on T cannot distinguish perfumes. While people with low T levels can distinguish different scents with no effort. Which is a continual joke in the perfume business, "try perfume X to attract your man" and men cannot smell perfume X anyway :laugh:

If you think about it some men wear after shave and it tends to have a very strong smell, nothing delicate as in most perfumes. I'm not sure if FtM lose the ability to detect the difference in scents. I know my sense of smell, and sense of taste have changed  since being on anti-AA.
Cindy
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

I just used my mom's conditioner. It didn't really matter to me.
  •  

jasper3

My boyfriend (cismale) can smell the strawberries in my colour treatment shampoo and conditioner
And most other guys can too, they are creepy at times... Smelling girl's hair and they guess what brands and scents the girl uses.. They are usually right too
I'm getting a feely feel.. A feely feel that feels.... Feely O.o
  •  

Felix

Quote from: Cindy James on June 24, 2012, 04:04:24 AM
I think you will find that most men cannot smell the scent in shampoo and conditioner. T tends to lower that ability.  Sorry I don't mean that in any way rudely  :embarrassed:

But many people on T cannot distinguish perfumes. While people with low T levels can distinguish different scents with no effort. Which is a continual joke in the perfume business, "try perfume X to attract your man" and men cannot smell perfume X anyway :laugh:

If you think about it some men wear after shave and it tends to have a very strong smell, nothing delicate as in most perfumes. I'm not sure if FtM lose the ability to detect the difference in scents. I know my sense of smell, and sense of taste have changed  since being on anti-AA.
Cindy
I do feel like I've had a general flattening-out or roughening of my sensory abilities since starting T, but I quit smoking and started exercising more around the same time and that has muddled the picture a bit.

I know my daughter often can smell flowers and stuff that I can't differentiate, but I always chalked that up to her youth.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

crazy old bat

Garnier Fructus isn't very girly smelling and what little smell it has fades very quickly. And I think most guys can smell just fine until it comes to their own stink, that they seem oblivious to,
  •