Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A question about childhood corrective surgery

Started by ObsidianRaen, June 24, 2012, 12:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ObsidianRaen

Hello... I hope I'm not posting in the wrong section.

I'm new to the forum. New to talking about any of this, really. This is my first step I guess. When I was much younger, maybe three or four, I can remember being different... I won't be specific. I was given  surgery and had something "unnatural" removed. My parents refuse to speak of it, this is the "forbidden" topic. My entire life my hormones have been "off" and I've had to take estrogen sometimes which I hated because I had extreme negative reactions to it physically.  And I've never really felt female, exactly. This may seem a dumb  question, but could I have been intersex? If so, how would I find out? I'm very hestiant to ask any person, like my doctor as I have always been told that it's sinful, unnatural, not true, I'm remembering wrong/I needed that surgery, etc.  I don't believe it's wrong or sinful but I'm  still nervous. I'm very against their beliefs in general, but it still affects me.
  •  

Jamie D

When you are 18, if you are not already, you should be able to access your medical records.

Learning about yourself is never sinful.  That is just backward thinking.

Please consider posting a short autobiography on the "Introductions" board, and let us know what your interests, hopes, and ambitions are.
  •