Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Hairstyle - what do you think?

Started by Medusa, June 28, 2012, 05:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medusa

Hi
I want to ask you
Can I:

Have a hairstyle like this:

Maybe braided with some color streams
What do you think, is somethink like it suitable for me ?
IMVU: MedusaTheStrange
  •  

Lyric

That would be a very easy look to do, so give it a try. I'm not sure how you'd achieve the tall pony in the back, but you could experiment. Try it and show us how it came out.

~ Lyric ~
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

Rarrarr

Legend of Korra! Sweet! I'd love to see you try that out!
  •  

Miharu Barbie

Quote from: Lyric on June 28, 2012, 08:52:25 AM
I'm not sure how you'd achieve the tall pony in the back, but you could experiment.

Cute!  The tall ponytail is quick and easy; I do that with my hair sometimes.  Here's how I do it.

First you need to make a good hair tie that's long enough that you can wrap it around your ponytail many times.  Go to a beauty supply store and buy a package of synthetic braiding hair.  I prefer 48 inches so that my hair tie comes out nice and long.  You don't want the synthetic hair to be slick and slippery; you want it to have some texture, and no curl, just straight; be sure to get a color that's a good match to your hair... or get a different color if you want it to stand out.  Take a medium small handful of the braiding hair and loop it over a hanger.  You'll want to braid the hair to the end.  Put a small rubberband good and tight on the end to finish the braid.  Hold the top of the braid tight, snip it off of the hanger, and put a small rubberband on that end too.  It might take some trial and error to get a braid that's the exact thickness and length that you want.  Just play with it.

Gather your own hair that you want to incorporate into the ponytail onto the crown of your head, then use the braided hair tie to wrap round and round your pony, creating a kind of a barrel around your pony with the braided tie.  It's a little tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's very easy.  Once it's wrapped to your satisfaction, make a single loop in the ends of the hair tie (like you're tying a shoe), and use a small rubberband to lock that loop in place.  Tuck the ends into the wrapped ponytail closest to your scalp.  Now hold the end of your ponytail with one hand, and with your other hand snug the wrap up to your head.  I like to use Spin Pins (corkscrew hair pins) that I screw through the wrap, one horizontal and one vertical, to keep the wrap from slipping out of my hair.  Depending on how thick the ponytail is with the wrap around it, the Spin Pins may be a little bit visible; I don't let that bother me.  Maybe there's a better way to hold it in place; that's just how I do it.

Be aware that this hairstyle may put a some tension on your scalp, since the wrap and Spin Pins are holding the ponytail up in defiance of gravity.  My hair is very long, thick and heavy.  Sometimes I can't keep this style in all day.  And I don't recommend it for everyday wear, since you don't want to put that tension in the same place on your scalp everyday.  When my hair is up in this style, if I start to feel discomfort from tension on my scalp, I can usually pull the Spin Pins out and then replace them in a different position.  This has the effect of putting the tension in a different place on my scalp, thus relieving the discomfort.

I hope this helps.  Feel free to contact me if you have questions or need further clarification.

Kisses!    :-*
Miharu

PS. I'll go put my hair up like this right now and have my partner take a picture.

PSS. Quick and easy... took all of 2 minutes and it's very comfortable; I'm not feeling any tension on my scalp at all.  I hope the pictures are helpful.

Free your mind and your arse will follow

HRT:                         June 1998
Full Time For Good:     November 1998
Never Looking Back:  Now!
  •