Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A couple really good ftm documentaries I just saw!

Started by aleon515, July 22, 2012, 02:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aleon515

Two awesome ftm documentaries I just saw.
Boy I Am. This follows about 4 transguys in their transition and they talk about various aspects of their life. There is also a short interview with Dr. Bronstein. Something I hadn't thought of is that lots of people don't approve of what he is doing. Anyway, very good stuff. I was much less inspired by the sometimes very strong lesbian separatist stuff in there. But basically ended up to be siding with the transguys.

Call Me Malcolm. This is one's transguy's journey. If you don't want references to God and spirituality this would not be for you, as the guy goes thru (UCC) seminary. Mostly he talks and also ends up talking to people all over the country. There are also scenes of a support group. I commented to myself-- Malcolm sure gets around. And I really enjoyed all the beautiful footage of the desert southwest, Colorado, and California.

This link is to Call Me Malcolm, but you can see Boy I am thru this link as well. Also I noticed a few other trans films which I need to watch. Boy I Am is 5 parts and Call Me Malcolm is 7.
Call Me Malcolm (2005 Transgender Female-to-Male Documentary) Part 1 of 7

--Jay Jay
  •