Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A man who is prettier than women

Started by barbie, August 22, 2012, 08:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbie

Just do it.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: MadHatter on August 22, 2012, 08:15:34 PM
His/her tuck was NOT on point ;D

That made me giggle.
  •  

Lyric

I totally love it. The age of the cool gender crossing model is here and we'll all benefit in the long run.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

AbraCadabra

Gosh, I'm such a prude... just embarrassing... honestly.

Is it just ME?

Grrrrrrrrr,
Axelle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

Lyric

That is Ukranian model Stav Strashko. Strashko seems to be entering modeling on path led by the marvelous Andrej Pejic. Here's a quote by Strashko that appeared in Huffington Post:

"I realized that I was androgynous when I began to model. All the stylists put women's clothes on me and then it struck me that I can really look like a woman [...] I remember myself as a child playing with my mom's makeup a few times when she wasn't looking."

Strashko also says he's happy in his own skin: "I've never thought about becoming a woman. I feel very comfortable in my own body just the way it is."
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Axélle on August 24, 2012, 09:30:27 AM
Gosh, I'm such a prude... just embarrassing... honestly.

Is it just ME?

Grrrrrrrrr,
Axelle

Yes. I heard that there are some criticism on provocative nature of the ad, but the catch phrase of Toyota is "breaking a common sense", which I think can defend it. That kind of ad was once hugely successful when Ha Ri Su first appeared in ad in S. Korea.

I do not know well about Stav Strashko. But he is simly beautiful as both man and woman. Above all, he seems to be transgender, according to Lyric's reply. Like me, he loves his own body, with no plan of HRT.

Barbie~~

Just do it.
  •  

Lyric

I looked through a Tumblr bog on Stav Strashko with lots of photos. A lot of his modeling work is seems to have been more androgynous things and menswear, though often wearing makeup. He doesn't seem to me to have quite the feminine inclinations of Andrej Pejic. I suspect makeup and dresses are just for work for him. He did participate in a Pride Parade, though.

Harisu is certainly beautiful. I understand she had SRS in the '90s and was the second South Korean to legally change her gender. Wikipedia says the Adam's apple in the video was added digitally. I find that rather ironic as a thump my own (sigh).

~ Lyric ~
  •  

barbie

Just do it.
  •  

Lyric

He certainly has that model-like low muscle mass look. His facial features are marvelously feminine, but I really love his hair in that ad.
  •  

jesse

thanks barbie i love the ad anouther step towards acceptance as far as im concerned
jessi
like a knife that cuts you the wound heals but them scars those scars remain
  •  

Dahlia

He's gorgeous! It really doesn't matter what he exactly is, being so beautiful with perfect (feminine) facial features, gorgeous hair and a slender body to match.

He's born in the Ukraine and lives in Tel Aviv, where he's discovered as a model btw.
  •  

Joann

I love this. Wish they would air it in the states.
♪♫ You dont look different but you have changed...
I'm looking through you,. Your not the same ♪♫ :)
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Joann on August 29, 2012, 12:14:27 PM
I love this. Wish they would air it in the states.

Unfortunately a vocal crowd in the states has a "log in their eye" and a stick up their a** when it comes to any commercial that might elevate cross gender issues.
  •