Main Menu

------------------

Started by Laura91, August 25, 2012, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura91

::) ::) ::)
  •  

MariaMx

Playing it? Do you mean as in playing an instrument?

Most of my spare time is spent in my studio making music (as a matter of a fact I'm working on an idea right now) but I don't spend so much time listening to music.
"Of course!"
  •  

Nicolette

Play piano. At the moment, I'm learning a Mozart concerto and Pathétique, and other stuff.
  •  

RachaelAnn22

I listen to oldies and play a little guitar.
  •  

Cindi Jones

I play an instrument in a local symphony orchestra. It's not the type of music that I most often listen to, but it is sure fun to play.
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Maya Zimmerman

I love listening to music and composing it and playing it!  Heck, I love playing rhythm-based video games, like DDR, Rock Band, BIT.TRIP, and Parappa the Rapper as well!  If it gives me a chance to tap my feet or swing my hips or ring out my voice or sway or pirouette or frantically gnash my fingers and hands on an instrument, I'm all for it!
VISUALSHOCK! SPEEDSHOCK! SOUNDSHOCK!

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!
  •  

Ani

Both listen and play. Either one allows me to escape my current reality and exist in a place of pure beauty.
  •  

MariaMx

Quote from: Laura91 on August 27, 2012, 10:23:32 AM
yepper pepper.
Oh, well, I play the guitar (for 23 years now) and a little keyboards. Mostly though I produce electronica and do odd studio/audio work for different bands and artists.
"Of course!"
  •  

justmeinoz

I had to listen to a French song on YouTube for homework and translate and analyse the lyrics this week.  "Bang,Bang",  by Sheila, French version of the Nancy Sinatra song.  I think it is better than the original, as the words flow better in French.

While I had the PC on I typed "French rock bands" into the search function.  I now have 3 new favourite bands, 'Matmatah', 'Noir Desir' and 'Merzhin'.  All awesome..  I was running out of motivation for classes, but now am rejuvenated.  ;D  Must look for download albums.

I play bass, slide and lap steel guitar, and also 12-string.  Hopefully I will be able to find some band mates for an all-girl garage band at Uni eventually.  Good way to improve my spoken French.

Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

shamu

I love to listen to relaxing music, new age and all that stuff
  •  

Joe.

Listening to music is my life, literally. And I can play drums and just starting to learn guitar. I live for music.
Joey
  •  

Maya Zimmerman

Quote from: shamu on November 17, 2012, 09:51:04 PM
I love to listen to relaxing music, new age and all that stuff

That's how the vast majority of the music I make sounds.
Here's my relaxing music.  :)
VISUALSHOCK! SPEEDSHOCK! SOUNDSHOCK!

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

JuneBug123

I shred the mandolin :) It's always just kind of come naturally to me. I also play guitar and sing.

Singing was weird for me for awhile after coming out because I was always trying to fake this womanly voice, but now I've gotten more comfortable just letting myself be natural ^_^ Being trans and accepting myself has made my musicianship soar. All that fear and trembling replaced with unblocked potential and musical flow. It's amazing.

'One who has a man's wings
And a woman's also
Is in himself a womb of the world'
And, being a womb of the world,
Continuously, endlessly,
Gives birth'
-Tao 28-

my Tumblr
http://fortheloveofsophia.tumblr.com/
  •  

justmeinoz

Thanks to my girlfriend playing in a brass band I have resurrected the trumpet I bought a few years ago in a moment of jazz-inspired silliness, and started to play in earnest.  Apparently I have a good tone , so thanks darling.

Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

lydia_s

I am a guitarist, vocalist, sometimes drummer, and sometimes bassist. Been in hardcore and goth bands.

I am also a major audiophile. There is not one room in my house without, at very minimum, stereo receiver, a turntable, an auxiliary 1/8" plug, and a set of speakers. Some setups are simple, others are exceptionally elaborate. There is always music happening here :D

•  

sektrex

I like DJ music which is like fun and stuff, but that's like about it really  :P
  •  

Wynternight

Quote from: Snickerdoodle on August 25, 2012, 03:44:42 PM
Listening to Music or playing it. What ya do?

Both. I am a music fiend and am always listening to something. I'm also getting back into playing.
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

Adelkhf

I know how to play a few instruments but not particularly good at any of them. Can't read music to save myself D:
"Shows you the kind of world we live in. Love is illegal - but not hate. That you can do anywhere, anytime, to anybody. But if you want a little warmth, a little tenderness, a shoulder to cry on, a smile to cuddle up with, you have to hide in dark corners, like a criminal." - Lou Jacobi
  •  

holly_

I play the drums in a local band.  We have gigs maybe once or twice a week which is awesome.  I also love playing guitar!
  •