Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Fishing.

Started by Tracey, August 28, 2012, 07:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

There is a tidal river behind my house with great striped bass fishing and flounder. You can get eels if you fish at night. Who fishes? Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Sara Thomas

Used to fish stripers in a tidal river in Conn. - loved it! Great fishing for about 30 mins. as the school passes.

Mostly fish Largemouth these days.
I ain't scared... I just don't want to mess up my hair.
  •  

Devlyn

The schoolie stripers show up with the herring in the spring. If you gut one, they're eating little shrimps and quarter sized green crabs. I even found a flat quarter sized rock in one. I make awesome fish chowder.
  •  

Devlyn

That's animal cruelty. The bunny doesn't appear to be wearing sunscreen.
  •  

Shantel

There's great Pacific Salmon and Halibut fishing here in the Northwest, enormous sturgeon in the lower end of the rivers. I prefer rock cod and ling cod over salmon, guess I've been spoiled with so much salmon over the years and my taste buds no longer appreciate it, although a salmon grilled with a little mayo spread between the halves is rather good!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on August 29, 2012, 12:11:48 PM
That's animal cruelty. The bunny doesn't appear to be wearing sunscreen.

Rumor has it that Jaime is mean to animals, her dog and I have been chatting as of late!  :laugh:
  •  

kendrawil

I like it hear in the N W to I donot go salmon fishing I like halibut,rock cod and ling cod but trout fishing is #1  for me
  •  

Penny Gurl

I love to fish.. In fact this entire summer during the week I would camp and the weekends I'd photograph weddings.  I do mostly small lake and river fishing.  A bit of anything, bass large and small mouth, perch, walleye.  But once the days got hot I switched to night fishing for catfish.  I do have to say if you're looking for a hell of a good fight hook a 10#+ cat on your line and hold on! Something about the stillness of fishing at night was just so calming.... I really miss summer and hope I get a chance to live like that again.  Maybe not full time for months on end like I did, but at least a few quiete weeks would be nice.
"My dad and I used to be pretty tight. The sad truth is, my breasts have come between us."

~Angela~
My So-Called Life
  •  

konnorcrewe

I love to fish.  I used to go with my father when I was young.
http://www.facebook.com/konnor.tighe.crewe
Workshop Coordinator
First Event Boston - Peabody Massachusetts
http://www.firstevent.org
  •