Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

$300 to laser my face? Really? Seems a bit high...

Started by Shawn Sunshine, September 01, 2012, 06:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn Sunshine

I was given a quote by Epicenter Medspa in San Francisco for $300 per session (7 sessions) to perform hair removal....surely there has to be a better deal than that....i just have a feeling thats really a high quote.
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

cynthialee

shop around, that is rediculous

I got 9 sessions for 750$ I think it was the first go around. And when I got my breasts/torso done (9 sessions) I got it on a 2 for one special and I got some other stuff done and it cost me 900$.

300 a session is highway robery
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

hmm well I just talked to a gal who said she goes to a place that does it for $40 for the face each session, that sounds like a really good deal there. I hope it pans out.
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

michelle666

$300 is way too high. I paid $249 for 6 sessions with a groupon. Even without the groupon, it would be nowhere near that.
  •  

MaidofOrleans

I got a package with 8 sessions for $900 with LaserAway, which is roughly $113 per session. They are very clean and professional.  $300 per is criminal.
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

jesse

agreed with the other comments too high look else where
like a knife that cuts you the wound heals but them scars those scars remain
  •  

Penny Gurl

300 a session does seem to be on the high end of things, other than price shop the type of laser used.  Newer systems will run more since they have to recoup the cost.  I picked up an awesome deal on laser for my face, Groupon rocks sometimes, the medispa that I go to normally charges around 1,500 for a complete beard removal with a Soprano diode type laser, with the groupon I picked it up for about 250 total! Aprox six to eight sessions depending on results.  Just make sure the techs are experienced with beard removal since those hairs are pretty thick compared to other areas. Best wishes!
"My dad and I used to be pretty tight. The sad truth is, my breasts have come between us."

~Angela~
My So-Called Life
  •  

Reagan

I got a deal. I got 9 sessions for $800.00. Normally the going rate here in Atlanta is between $1000.00 and $1300.00 for 9 treatments. $300 a go seems a little high. I would defiantly shop that around. I wouldn't pay over $225.00 a session.
No matter how big or small, to take steps everyday is progress. ~Me
The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself. ~Mark Twain
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Whatever you are, be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
  •  

Stephe

Be aware when price shopping not all lasers are equal and not all people using them know what they are doing either..
  •  

Reagan

Quote from: Stephe on September 12, 2012, 04:21:08 PM
Be aware when price shopping not all lasers are equal and not all people using them know what they are doing either..

This is so true... Do your own research! Not every doctor's office or laser is the same.  ::)
No matter how big or small, to take steps everyday is progress. ~Me
The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself. ~Mark Twain
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Whatever you are, be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
  •