Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Circle of Change

Started by Padma, September 06, 2012, 02:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padma

Hi, I've recently read a young adult novel called Circle of Change (by Laney Cairo), about the getting-together of a young cis gay man (Dash) and a young trans gay man (Kim). They meet because Dash joins a coven that Kim's mother is part of - and Dash's growing involvement in the coven is a continuing backdrop to the story.

Have any of you read this book? I'm really affected by it for a whole load of reasons, but one of them is some of the descriptions of their ceremonies. Since I began transitioning, I've found something in me opening up to, I'm not sure what to call it, worship of land, of forest, of nature, that doesn't find expression in the more traditional aspects of Buddhism that I practise. I'm starting to think I may need to explore this more, and meet people who do that too - I really resonated with some of the stuff in this book.

But like Dash in the book, I'm very wary of encountering homophobic/transphobic pagans, as I've already had a few run-ins with people like that. That, and people who get off on "hierarchy". I'm not sure how to approach this. Can anyone recommend any good introductory books that are LGBT-friendly? How do you look for local practitioners?
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •