Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Acne

Started by britt27, September 07, 2012, 12:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

britt27

Wasn't sure if this was the right forum to post this is, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice for treating acne.  I have been dealing with acne on my back and chest for nearly a year now, and although it has gotten slightly better, it still bugs me and is horrible to look at!
I've tried alot, different soaps, acne treatment kits, sleeping without a shirt on, exposing my skin to the sun, etc. etc.  I don't know if there is a particular brand of acne treatment that I haven't tried that works, but the ones I've tried so far don't do much for me.
I could go to medical here and be prescribed Acutane, but that drug worries me.  It's dangerous for your liver and it just seems like one of those drugs that years down the line I'll be seeing commercials for from lawyers offices with a bunch of symptoms people have experienced, and the number to join a class action lawsuit.
If anyone has any advice, I'd be willing to try it.  Right now I have to limit the types of tops I dress in because of this acne, which is no fun!  >:(
  •  

Silas.

Quote from: britt27 on September 07, 2012, 12:49:07 PM
Wasn't sure if this was the right forum to post this is, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice for treating acne.  I have been dealing with acne on my back and chest for nearly a year now, and although it has gotten slightly better, it still bugs me and is horrible to look at!
I've tried alot, different soaps, acne treatment kits, sleeping without a shirt on, exposing my skin to the sun, etc. etc.  I don't know if there is a particular brand of acne treatment that I haven't tried that works, but the ones I've tried so far don't do much for me.
I could go to medical here and be prescribed Acutane, but that drug worries me.  It's dangerous for your liver and it just seems like one of those drugs that years down the line I'll be seeing commercials for from lawyers offices with a bunch of symptoms people have experienced, and the number to join a class action lawsuit.
If anyone has any advice, I'd be willing to try it.  Right now I have to limit the types of tops I dress in because of this acne, which is no fun!  >:(
I too have struggled with Acne sense I was about 11 years of age. It sucks hard :(! I find that using all natural olive oil soap and doing facials with egg whites work really well for me. Also keeping a nice ice cold rag on my face or inflamed area.

Along with that seriously drink this tea daily for a few months: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=252100&catid=190040&aid=338666&aparam=252100

((It cleared me right up! Just make sure there is nothing your allergic to in it))
--Silas.E
--Transqueer--
  •  

Brooke777

You should try Sei Mee Tea - Edible Green Tea - Ground Green Tea. My roommate uses it, and it has helped her with all sorts of stuff. You have to take a fair amount of it, but you can put it into gel caps and it is a bit easier. It will help with your skin.  It is also good for cancer, diabetes, and quite a few other problems.

Also, have you tried dying the areas with a hair dryer when you get out of the shower? It has helped me from getting acne under my bra straps.
  •  

Silas.

another thing I didnt mention earlier is that I found doing epsom salt soaks and steam room treatments to really help as well.
--Silas.E
--Transqueer--
  •  

missgbby

I'm not sure about your particular circumstance but if you have a dermatologist you trust you should inquire about a low dose of retin-a and a face wash called aczone. Appling ice in circular motions all over the face helps soothe some of the irritation aswell as close the pores, however it is quite uncomfortable. if you wear makeup during the day only use your retin-a 3 times a week and look into a papya enzyme mask for the nights your skin is dry in between retin-a applications. Most importantly drink plenty of green tea before 2pm. and buy some cacao nibs from a health food store ! You can drastically help your complexion with plenty of red and green fruits and egetables aswell! Best of luck :)
  •