Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Ask Matt Potpourri: Short Questions with Short Answers

Started by Shana A, September 24, 2012, 09:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

Ask Matt Potpourri: Short Questions with Short Answers

September 24, 2012 by Matt Kailey

http://tranifesto.com/2012/09/24/ask-matt-potpourri-short-questions-with-short-answers/

I have several Ask Matt short questions, from voter laws to pronouns to sex drive, that have relatively short answers, so I am putting them together in an Ask Matt Potpourri, and am hoping that readers can help out as well. So here we go:

A reader writes: "I am coming out late in my life. I am 65. I am on phytoestrogens. I am an avid shopper for feminine clothes and such. I am totally happy, but money is a big issue. Any suggestions you could give me would be a big help."

I turn to my trans women readers for some shopping suggestions, but I always recommend thrift stores, such as Goodwill or ARC, for clothing needs, particularly in the early stages of transition. Money is often tight for trans people, and many of these second-hand stores have fantastic clothes as bargain prices. They also have sale days or senior discount days, where prices are reduced even more.

And even if money was no object, I would still recommend thrift stores for both men and women just beginning transition.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•