Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Cyber/Techno Belief & Practice

Started by Emma Morgaine, November 07, 2012, 09:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma Morgaine

Cyber paganism, techno shamanism, etc.  Has anyone ever projected their consciouness into a piece of tech or the web? Have you ever experience a techno/cyber deity or entity? substitute traditional magickal tools for modern devices?
:icon_flamed:
  •  

Keira

No...but it sounds interesting.

I've contemplated creating a magical system of alchemy. Sort of a combination of Druidism, Wicca, And Luciferianism. More like taking the best pieces out of each and combining them in a mechanical-type way.
  •  

Medusa

I wanted to try it with some old buildings/places and items, but then it fall into forgetness
It is interesting idea, but I don't think that many today things have soul, most today things are just commerce garbage, just hollow shells
IMVU: MedusaTheStrange
  •  

Keira

Quote from: Medusa on November 08, 2012, 02:48:42 AM
I wanted to try it with some old buildings/places and items, but then it fall into forgetness
It is interesting idea, but I don't think that many today things have soul, most today things are just commerce garbage, just hollow shells

At the most the tech or buildings today would be what I would call "Demons". They are effectively unevolved primal creatures. Not to mention the fact that they most definitely would be; with the intent that goes into making them (greed).

Personally...I would rather stick with natural-primal type entities (rocks, trees, rivers, etc.).

The only other problem is that technology is constantly abuzz with electricity. Have you ever energetically connected with a battery?

It doesn't feel "natural", it kind of hurts actually...

Although, old buildings might be interesting, or old pocket watches....

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by tech...
  •  

Emma Morgaine

Quote from: Keira on November 08, 2012, 11:17:37 AM
At the most the tech or buildings today would be what I would call "Demons". They are effectively unevolved primal creatures. Not to mention the fact that they most definitely would be; with the intent that goes into making them (greed).

Personally...I would rather stick with natural-primal type entities (rocks, trees, rivers, etc.).

The only other problem is that technology is constantly abuzz with electricity. Have you ever energetically connected with a battery?

It doesn't feel "natural", it kind of hurts actually...

Although, old buildings might be interesting, or old pocket watches....

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by tech...

You're idea of a new magickal system sounds amazing! You should go for it! As for my intended definition of tech, i suppose i meant anything man-made or "inorganic" I do agree with the experience of a battery's energy being painful, but I also feel that way about metal energy. I also agree, to a degree, about the concept of modern devices having primitive souls or energy. I akin my experience in the cyber/techno world to that of journeys to the astral plane or other spiritual realms. i have been greeted by beings known to me as TechoElves and also by familiar deities such as Brighid! I believe in an odd paradox(as most of the universe is) that cyber magick is completley natural for the modern magickian or spiritualist. Ancient pagans integrated their "modern" tech; i.e. wagons, spindles, etc., into their spiritual pracrices also.  Their are ancient dieties and spirits of shoemaking, plumbing, welding an other labors and creations, so I believe it completely natural for a god/goddess or spirit(s) to reside and watch over technology and the intangible realm of the Internet!
  •  

Medusa

In my point of view
electricity is one of elements who ancient people don't know, but we do
it is relative to fire element
even in modern physics fire and electric arc is same thing - glowing plasma, and fire is electric conductive
so connecting with battery is something like connecting with torch or camp fire
IMVU: MedusaTheStrange
  •  

Emma Morgaine

Quote from: Medusa on November 09, 2012, 01:54:26 AM
In my point of view
electricity is one of elements who ancient people don't know, but we do
it is relative to fire element
even in modern physics fire and electric arc is same thing - glowing plasma, and fire is electric conductive
so connecting with battery is something like connecting with torch or camp fire

i've never thought of it that way! thanks!
  •