Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

just a strange observation

Started by danivamp3435, October 22, 2005, 04:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danivamp3435

first off id like to appolgize ahead if this is in the wrong section. but i have made this really odd observation that some of us (i have done it too) seem to present a split personality between our feminine side and our masculine side. just an example: i decided to let so and so out today and it was great, i really felt like me for the first time.... i dont know maybe just being odd myself but do any of you see the same thing i see????
  •  

AnneW

Danivamp:  I think I know what you are getting at.  I see myself as an interesting dichotomy.

I am very interested in electronics and technology and I do 90% of the mechanical, electrical and woodworking work/repairs on my boat - traditional "masculine" things to do.

When I am doing "male" work around the house I often joke with my wife about that kind of work - I don't do too bad for a "fem" guy.

A lot of it has to do with the stereotypes we have grown up with in the American culture (I'm 58, so I missed the years of enlightenment).

Anne
  •  

Cassandra

I do not have a split personality!

Yes you do.

No I don't!

Do too.

Who asked you?

Who wants to know?

Get back in the box!  >:D :angel:

Cassie
  •  

Dennis

It has struck me as odd too Dani. I think of myself as the same person as I was before. I know I look different and I dress differently, but I'm still the me I was.

Perhaps it's easier for others to separate who they were from who they will become.

Dennis
  •  

danivamp3435

first off cassie......ROTFLMFAO rolling on the floor laughing my f******* ass off
Dennis that is exactly where i am going and i still believe that regardless of when or where you grew up, or even how you lived that person is still the same person with a few different attributes. i can attest to that of the attributes due i have noticed some changes with myself. but yeah i think you guys understand where im coming from with this little "observation"
  •  

BrendaQG

Define "male" work. 

I am a scientist by trade and training.  Some consider that to be "male" work.  Eventhough females are filling more science classes than males these days. 

Loose the stereotypes.  Other than rearing of infants on the female side, or hand to hand combat on the male side there is no difference between men and women which is so great that one cannot do the work of the other.
  •  

LynnER

Your right about the wierd observation.....

I have guy mode.... The smartass, semi jerk, distant, and the list goes on and on... its a nice shield/mask that keeps most people from getting close to me and pretty much everyone from getting to know me. <though nomatter how hard I try Im still a nice "guy>

I have me... Outgoing, polite, human....

I diffrenciate because I need the shield, because I really am affraid, Brave face and hard exterior to protect the gooey soft inside.    *shrugs*
  •  

Jillieann Rose

When I first came to Susan's I was two people a male and a female but she was a real person and he was my creating. Now we are one and female thanks to the help of my therapist. Now my therapist is helping me to find my inter-child, the third part of me, and I want to find out if it is male or female. I know it is scared and very shy.
If it is female then I will be validated in these feeling but if it is male I just don't ...... but it may not know what it is.  I bet this sounds confusing. Welcome to my world of inter-struggles.
:)
Jillieann
  •  

Melissa

Well, I was so resolved to transition, that I knew the old male shell was no longer needed and stopped "Acting".  This technique came in useful in 2 ways.  I was able to transition mentally much easier to the new role prior to actually going fulltime and the final people I came out to weren't very surprised by the news.  Plus, I'm sure it helped with getting ma'amed more often in male mode.

Melissa
  •  

veronica06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Split personality, huh?  No, I am not mentally insane.  I'm simply a female who was born in the body of a boy and was raised as one, that's all.

tinkerbell
========================
2nd the motion...
do I hear a move on the floor for dismissal?
  •