Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

New poll! - An inquiry into Gender Issues, Gender Dysphoria, and GID.

Started by Emerald, May 05, 2007, 12:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Of the ten items below, which one best describes you and your gender situation?

No Gender Issues/No Dysphoria - I have no gender issues, I've always been content with my gender and sex.
1 (1.3%)
Gender Variant/No Dysphoria - My gender variance is source of delight, I have no gender dysphoria.
7 (8.8%)
Mild Gender Dysphoria - I have some gender dysphoria, but it does not require a medical solution.
3 (3.8%)
Moderate Gender Dysphoria - I have gender dysphoria which can be resolved by non-surgical medical means.
5 (6.3%)
Gender Variant/Gender Dysphoria/Mild GID - I have gender related issues to be resolved with non-SRS surgical procedures.
10 (12.5%)
Substantial GID - I have significant gender issues that I choose to resolve by opting for SRS.
21 (26.3%)
Acute GID - I have unrelenting GID, obtaining SRS is an absolutely necessity to resolve my situation.
23 (28.8%)
Medically Resolved GID - I received medical/surgical attention for my gender issues, I no longer have gender dysphoria.
8 (10%)
Medically Unresolved GID - I have received all GID surgical options available to me, and I still have gender dysphoria.
0 (0%)
Self-resolved Gender Dysphoria - I had gender dysphoria and found a non-medical resolution for my gender issues.
2 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Maebh

Quote from: Hypatia on May 25, 2007, 12:22:13 PM
Quote from: Maebh on May 22, 2007, 06:18:29 PM
And yes I am a rape and abuse and torture survivor too. In hell's fire I was inured! which gives me a great sense of strenght and security. Apart from killing me there isn't a lot anybody can do to me that I didn't encounter and survived before.
That's a good perspective. I'd like to borrow it. :)

You're more than very welcome to it.
Having reached this truly powerfull and liberating position has set me free. The abuses and abusers have lost any power or control they ever had on my feelings, thoughts or behaviour. It means that I can never be a victim again. And the empathy means that I love sharing this message of hope and achievement with other who might find it helpfull in their struggle and recovery.

HLLL&R

Maebh

•  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: Katia on May 25, 2007, 05:20:36 PM
Quote from: Lisbeth on May 25, 2007, 01:16:17 PM
The problem I find with this kind of poll is that it is itself prescriptive.  Like the DSM-IV, the list itself determines the range of possible outcomes.  The whole idea of a continuum from "slight GID, I can handle it" to "I gotta have surgery" is suspect.  The world is not nearly so simple as that.

i couldn't have said it better, lisbeth.  i'd like to know the "secret" to handle it.   ::) It'd prevent lots of transsexuals from blowing their brains out. tsk tsk tsk

Something else to note is that One's place in the 'continuum' isn't absolute. Some people do a lot of sliding on that scale from one state to another before finally finding where they belong.

I think the "secret" to handling it is not having to hide it. Whether you are a TS or TG, it would be a lot easier if it wasn't such a terrible burden to be carried alone and in fear. Maybe we'll know more in a few years when the younger people here can let us know how they've fared.
   I'm not necessarily saying that it wouldn't still be painful, just maybe not as bad as it's been in the past. This is based on the assumption that the social trend I've been seeing is towards acceptance of us. Better treatment and greater social acceptance.

Just my opinion,

Rebecca
  •  

Dorothy

Acute GID - I have unrelenting GID, obtaining SRS is an absolutely necessity to resolve my situation.

•  

Hypatia

Quote from: Katia on May 25, 2007, 05:20:36 PMi'd like to know the "secret" to handle it.   ::) It'd prevent lots of transsexuals from blowing their brains out. tsk tsk tsk

Simple: Deny. Just keep telling yourself it isn't that bad. Keep stuffing it down again every time it comes back up. Keep telling yourself there's nothing you can do about it anyway, might as well forget about it.

Not!

That made it get a lot worse over the years. I think Rebecca has the right idea.
Here's what I find about compromise--
don't do it if it hurts inside,
'cause either way you're screwed,
eventually you'll find
you may as well feel good;
you may as well have some pride

--Indigo Girls
  •  

rhonda13000

Quote from: Pia on May 26, 2007, 12:44:41 AM

I know, baby.   :'(

And that is one of the reasons why I found myself looking down the barrel of an automatic, so many times...I just wanted it to stop....stop harassing me...stop driving me.

[looking down at her left breast, caressing it thoughtfully...]

And I would make a major step transitionally, hoping and praying...ultimately in futility, that relief and solace would become the ensuing permanent condition, only to realize in horror shortly thereafter that "IT" was only in temporary abeyance and cruelly reasserted itself into my life and mind,

Torturing and harassing me ceaselessly...

"For you to have survived for so many years at this level of TS, is nothing short of miraculous."

Indeed... :'( :'( :'( :'(
  •  

Fer

Acute GID - I have unrelenting GID, obtaining SRS is an absolutely necessity to resolve my situation. :(

Very soon that will change.
The laws of God, the laws of man, He may keep that will and can; Not I. Let God and man decree Laws for themselves and not for me; And if my ways are not as theirs Let them mind their own affairs. - A. E. Housman
  •  

Yvonne

Medically Resolved GID - I received medical/surgical attention for my gender issues, I no longer have gender dysphoria.

I had GRS two years ago and I'm free at last
  •