Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Bibimbap! (Korean food)

Started by PixieBoy, December 08, 2012, 05:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixieBoy

I made bibimbap for my family yesterday, they all loved it! It's also easy to make, so even I didn't mess it up! Otherwise I'm the King of Kitchen Disasters, but this went 100% smoothly.

Ingredients:

• one bowl per person
  • jasmine rice, enough for the amount of people served
  • a bunch of carrots, peeled and chopped into matchsticks, 5-6 for three people served, stir-fried in sesame oil
  • 2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach leaves per person served, parboiled until soft, mix with sesame oil after parboiling
  • a can of bean sprouts, stir-fry with sesame oil
  • chicken, quorn or tofu, diced, marinated and then stir-fried
  • marinade made up of 1 Tbs each of sesame oil, soy and honey, with a clove of garlic pressed down into it
  • 10-15 mushrooms, chopped into pieces as pretty as possible, stir-fried with sesame oil and a clove of garlic pressed into it
  • 1 egg per person served, fried sunny side up
  • some gochujang (Korean chili pepper sauce
First, dice the chicken/quorn/tofu, make the marinade, put the marinade and "meat" in a bowl and let it marinate.
Then, boil the rice.
While the rice is boiling, start preparing the other ingredients (bean sprouts, carrots, mushrooms, spinach).
Then you stir-fry the "meat".
After the veggies are done and the rice is done, put a hearty bed of rice into the bottom of each bowl. Then add the different vegetables in an aesthetically pleasing manner and add the meat.
Fry the eggs and add one egg on top of each bowl.
Serve with gochujang on the side, enjoy!

It's supposed to look similar to that, but with fewer ingredients, of course.

Hope you'll get some use out of this delicious recipe!
...that fey-looking freak kid with too many books and too much bodily fat
  •