Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Androgynous Model Andrej Pejic Featured on Elle Serbia Cover, Head-to-Toe Jean

Started by Shana A, December 22, 2012, 08:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

Androgynous Model Andrej Pejic Featured on Elle Serbia Cover, Head-to-Toe Jean Paul Gaultier [PHOTO]

By Hannah Wong   |   Dec 21, 2012 10:41 PM EST

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/4387/20121221/andrej-pejic-model-elle-serbia-cover-jean-paul-gaultier.htm

Andrej Pejic, an androgynous model who made headlines throughout the year of 2012, made another history by becoming the first male model to be featured on the cover of Elle Serbia.

Wearing a black wig and head-to-toe covered in Jean Paul Gaultier's latest women's collection, Pejic looks every inch a professional model.

In the inner spread, photographer Dusan Reljin captured Pejic as a male in one shot, wrapped in Gaultier menswear. Another shot shows the gender-bending model as a scantily-clad female barely dressed in La Perla and Agent Provocateur.

[...]

"But, you know, to me, it doesn't really matter. I don't really have that sort of strong gender identity — I identify as what I am. The fact that people are using it for creative or marketing purposes, it's just kind of like having a skill and using it to earn money."
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•