Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What does god want/need ?

Started by Anatta, December 25, 2012, 01:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephirah

My beliefs are rather... complicated. I don't believe in a god, as such, but that has always led me to have this odd notion that were such a being to exist then the belief of its creations is what it would need to survive. Rather like Fantasia in The Neverending Story. I sometimes have an amusing image of the various deities sat around a big table somewhere, comparing believers and parts of their afterlife territories which were being consumed by The Nothing as less and less people believed in them. With pie charts and Powerpoint presentations.

"Yeah, we lost the Fifth District of Heaven today. And the Golden Wing province is down to 20%, as you can see. Also, we're running short of harps and someone forgot to put in an order for some more. Not mentioning any names *cough* Peter *cough*. Not too thrilled about that. I'd send him to Hell but from what I gather, the Lake of Fire is turning into more of a puddle. I know some of you wanted to invite Lucifer to this conference but that dude rubs me the wrong way.

There's something to be said for this Religious Climate Change argument that some of the angels are muttering about. I don't believe it myself, but I'm running out of alternative explanations."
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Sephirah on December 29, 2012, 03:56:13 PM
My beliefs are rather... complicated. I don't believe in a god, as such, but that has always led me to have this odd notion that were such a being to exist then the belief of its creations is what it would need to survive. Rather like Fantasia in The Neverending Story. I sometimes have an amusing image of the various deities sat around a big table somewhere, comparing believers and parts of their afterlife territories which were being consumed by The Nothing as less and less people believed in them. With pie charts and Powerpoint presentations.

"Yeah, we lost the Fifth District of Heaven today. And the Golden Wing province is down to 20%, as you can see. Also, we're running short of harps and someone forgot to put in an order for some more. Not mentioning any names *cough* Peter *cough*. Not too thrilled about that. I'd send him to Hell but from what I gather, the Lake of Fire is turning into more of a puddle. I know some of you wanted to invite Lucifer to this conference but that dude rubs me the wrong way.

There's something to be said for this Religious Climate Change argument that some of the angels are muttering about. I don't believe it myself, but I'm running out of alternative explanations."

Kia Ora Saph,

::) That's an interesting[and I must say amusing  ;D] take on the wants and needs of gods-somewhat like the ancient Greek and Roman gods.....

::) As a non-believer's, I 'wonder' if the god/s want what their believers want, you know, the type of god/s that helps those who help themselves...If the believer's burning desire is to transition-then their god says "Go for it !" ...If they are in two minds about transitioning, god says "You decide-I'm here for you either way!"

::) With the power bestowed upon me from above I reward you for your efforts,[which I found amusing] ;D
Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

peky

Quote from: Sephirah on December 29, 2012, 03:56:13 PM

"Yeah, we lost the Fifth District of Heaven today. And the Golden Wing province is down to 20%,

Agreed! Statement validated. Fact that some humans are aware that good and bad angels have been lost to their on devices is causing great turmoil. Belif human technology approaching level where it may interfere at the spiritual level is of great concern.
  •  

LunarSapphire

I doubt this will be seen, but it intrigues me enough to poke it with a 10 foot pole at least.

After numerous bits of insightful speculationa with myself, i consider itmyself possible the aforementioned divine being perhaps watches everyones lives. If everyone was the same s/he it would get rather bored with us no? So why not allow for limitless variety? Push the wheel but let it roll on its own so to speak? And on further thought, how are us wee little mortals to know what really pleases or dissappoints said being? Food for thought perhaps...
  •