News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What does god want/need ?

Started by Anatta, December 25, 2012, 01:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora,

For those members who believe in a creator god, and those who might like to philosophise on the possibility of such a being existing....   

:eusa_think: This is a simple enough question, but the answers could be far from simple...

If you believe/d in a creator of the universe who for the most part is meant to be

Omnipresent-Omnipotent-Omniscient-Omnibenevolent

What could s/he/it possibly want/need from YOU ?

Metta  Zenda  :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

peky

A simple question begs a simpler answer, and that is:

"Nothing and Everything!!!"
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::) So does this mean this almighty creator should have no bearing on ones life 'whatsoever' ?

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

peky

•  

Anatta

Quote from: peky on December 25, 2012, 06:21:36 PM
Ein Soft

Kia Ora Peky,

Ein Sof=[The nameless being] "Before He gave any shape to the world, before He produced any form, He was alone, without form and without resemblance to anything else. Who then can comprehend how He was before the Creation? Hence it is forbidden to lend Him any form or similitude, or even to call Him by His sacred name, or to indicate Him by a single letter or a single point. . . . But after He created the form of the Heavenly Man, He used him as a chariot wherein to descend, and He wishes to be called after His form, which is the sacred name 'YHWH'."   

::) I'm at a lose as to  how the ancient Hebrews came to understand something which [according to the scribe] is indescribable...

::) It never ceases to amaze me....

•  

peky

•  

Anatta

Quote from: peky on December 26, 2012, 08:51:30 AM
Kabbalah

Kia Ora Peky,

::) I don't know much about the ancient mystical side of Judaism, but I gather Kabbalah is your 'personal' truth-what rocks your boat...

•  

Elsa

An Asprin maybe? or maybe a hug? I dunno.  :)

I guess I just don't know.

Sometimes when life is a fight - we just have to fight back and say screw you - I want to live.

Sometimes we just need to believe.
  •  

peky

Quote from: Zenda on December 26, 2012, 12:58:37 PM
Kia Ora Peky,

::) I don't know much about the ancient mystical side of Judaism, but I gather Kabbalah is your 'personal' truth-what rocks your boat...

Kabbalah is a way to make a nexus with G-d
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Alexia6 on December 26, 2012, 02:59:05 PM
An Asprin maybe? or maybe a hug? I dunno.  :)

I guess I just don't know.

Kia Ora Alexa,

::) Nice one, I like it  ;D And you have been rewarded....

•  

Anatta

Quote from: peky on December 26, 2012, 03:22:28 PM
Kabbalah is a way to make a nexus with G-d

Kia Ora Peky,

::) Does this involve 'thought' ?

•  

Elsa

Quote from: Zenda on December 26, 2012, 03:42:07 PM
Kia Ora Alexa,

::) Nice one, I like it  ;D And you have been rewarded....

Kia Ora Zenda,

Sometimes when life is a fight - we just have to fight back and say screw you - I want to live.

Sometimes we just need to believe.
  •  

peky

Quote from: Zenda on December 26, 2012, 03:44:25 PM
Kia Ora Peky,

::) Does this involve 'thought' ?

The woman of science in me says: "there is no mind, no spirit, no soul, just thoughts"

The spiritual woman in me says: "the nexus is between my spirit and Shechinah and  is mediated by my soul; no thoughts involved"
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: peky on December 26, 2012, 03:54:43 PM
The woman of science in me says: "there is no mind, no spirit, no soul, just thoughts"

The spiritual woman in me says: "the nexus is between my spirit and Shechinah and  is mediated by my soul; no thoughts involved"

Kia Ora Peky,

Good outlook... I hope you find/or have found peace....

•  

peky

90% in peace
90% happy
80% satisfied

Will refuse to be 100% in any category
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: peky on December 26, 2012, 08:32:00 PM
90% in peace
90% happy
80% satisfied

Will refuse to be 100% in any category

Kia Ora Peky,

::) Are you 100% sure about this ?  ;) ;D

•  

peky

Quote from: Zenda on December 26, 2012, 08:33:38 PM
Kia Ora Peky,

::) Are you 100% sure about this ?  ;) ;D

almost  ::)
  •  

Anatta

•  

peky

Yeah, but it must not reach 100% or I will turn into a Buddhist
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: peky on December 26, 2012, 09:08:56 PM
Yeah, but it must not reach 100% or I will turn into a Buddhist

Kia Ora Peky,

::) If you wear a crucifix, a star of David plus a string of garlic around your neck, and don't let your guard down....you'll be safe from the evils of Buddhism.... ;D

•