Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Androgynous model Andrej Pejic pushes gender boundaries on the cover of Serbian

Started by Shana A, January 03, 2013, 08:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

Androgynous model Andrej Pejic pushes gender boundaries on the cover of Serbian Elle magazine
Inside, the 21-year-old cross-dressing beauty, who defies categorization, wrestles with female and male versions of himself. "I've left my gender open to artistic interpretation," Pejic once said.

By Carol Kuruvilla / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 11:51 PM
Updated: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 11:44 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/androgynous-model-covers-serbian-elle-article-1.1231968   

The androgynous model French designer Jean Paul Gaultier called his "otherworldly beauty" is now an Elle cover girl.

Twenty-one-year-old Andrej Pejic is featured front and center on Serbian Elle's January cover, the Telegraph reports. The cross-dressing model is fitted head to toe in Gaultier and trades in his trademark platinum locks for a choppy black wig.

Inside the magazine, he wrestles with male and female versions of himself in a feature named "Victor Victoria." The female Pejic wears skimpy La Perla lingerie, while a more masculine side of Pejic looks aggressive in suits.

------

Ground-breaking cover 'girl': Transgender model Andrej Pejic lands his first cover of Elle magazine

Andrej Pejic, 21, has taken the model world by storm with his androgynous look
    This is the first time a transgender model has been on an Elle cover
    Andrej appears on the cover of Serbian Elle - published in his home country
    Andrej has previously modelled lingerie and wedding gowns
    'My gender is open to artistic interpretation', he says

By Katy Winter

PUBLISHED: 11:54 EST, 2 January 2013 | UPDATED: 11:54 EST, 2 January 2013

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2255993/Ground-breaking-cover-girl-Transgender-model-Andrej-Pejic-graces-cover-Serbian-Elle-magazine.html

He is the wildly successful transgender model that even Kate Moss has described as 'beautiful.'

Now Andrej Pejic can add Elle cover 'girl' to his vast list of achievements as he graces the cover of Serbian Elle's January issue.

The controversial model, who has hit the catwalk dressed as both sexes, is the first transgender model ever to be on the cover of Elle.

Dressed entirely in Jean Paul Gautier, the shoot features Andrej as both a man and a woman.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•