Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Ask Matt: Should I Defend Myself Against Other Women?

Started by Shana A, January 14, 2013, 11:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

Ask Matt: Should I Defend Myself Against Other Women?

January 14, 2013 by Matt Kailey

http://tranifesto.com/2013/01/14/ask-matt-should-i-defend-myself-against-other-women/

A reader writes: "First off, let me say I despise violence, drama, etc. My nerves can't handle it, and being bipolar, it's a huge trigger for depression, etc. Sadly, however, bigots even within our family are a reality.

"I have been on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) since 2001. And have had bilateral orchiectomy (testicle removal). If I could afford SRS, I would have it years ago. SSI (Supplemental Security Income) is all I get, however, and that ain't a whole lot.

"So now my question: There have been times, and last week, where so-called bio women threaten me or even assault me. Then when I stand up for myself, there is almost always a man who steps in and says, 'No, you're a dude. You're not going to touch a woman.'

"Are they right? Or do I have the right to assert that 'Hey, I am too a woman and can defend myself against another woman like any other woman?'"
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

cynthialee

I am three years into HRT and going on 2 years post orchi and I still have a definate physical advantage over natal women.
My skeleton is male. As a result I have a very large rib cage and shoulders. My muscles as a result must be large enough for my frame. Larger muscles are stronger muscles.
Sevan has been on T for 3 years. Sevan still has a female skeleton. As a result hir muscles are smaller.
Even though Sevan has an inch in height on me and is on testosterone I am physicaly stronger than ze is.

Now granted there are plenty of natal women who are physicaly fit and athletic who have alot more strength than I do and I would not stand a chance in a physical confrontation with them. But the average woman does not have the physical advantages I have in confrontation. As a result I would feel like a total heel for fighting a natal woman.

Now the younger MTF who transitions very young and stops the masulinization so that they do not have a male skeleton, they have no apreciable advantage over a natal female in a physical contest or confrontation so if I was that girl and a natal female picked a fight with me...it would be on.

So I guess I am saying that this is a situational call?
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Well this is why I would rather learn a style of fighting than can disable a person (male or female) without having to do them much harm. If you just throw wild punches or beat someone over the head with a weapon , this can be problematic, if its out in public. But if someone was invading your home, i think things would be different
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

cynthialee

home invasion is a differant can of worms all togather

this time of year it is around 10-20 F outside

I am not retreating into the forest when it is that cold. There is no cell phone service out here. Therefore in such a situation a home invader must be dealt with with violence.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

NotThereYet

Are butch, aggressive women who want to pick up a fight really women, Cis or not?

Aren't we past gender stereotypes? If anybody, male or female, gets attacked by anybody, also male or female, the attacked person has a right to defend themselves against the attacker. Period.

Of course, everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt: if some frail lady gives you a light slap in the face in a very female style, do not by any means punch her out in a very male style, but if a pair of butch female animals attack you the way that poor trans girl was attacked by those two female animals in that Mac Donald's, that one time: strike back as hard as you can and defend yourself as effectively as possible.

My opinion,
Andrea
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

QuoteAren't we past gender stereotypes? If anybody, male or female, gets attacked by anybody, also male or female, the attacked person has a right to defend themselves against the attacker. Period.

Yeah i would agree, I never go out of my way to attack anyone, regardless of gender, I only defend myself.
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •