Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

"My New Daddy": New Trans* Children's Book Published

Started by Adrian_Michael, January 23, 2013, 03:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian_Michael

Transgender Parents Finally Have an Education Resource for The Children in Their Lives

http://www.prlog.org/12062484-transgender-parents-finally-have-an-education-resource-for-the-children-in-their-lives.html

by Spun Silver Productions
Official Press Release

Excerpt:

Transgender Parents Finally Have an Education Resource for The Children in Their Lives

Spun Silver Productions has published a revolutionary book to help children understand the transition and gender reassignment surgery of FtM transgender people. It is an illustrated short story aimed at children aged 4-12.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRLog (Press Release) - Jan. 18, 2013 - Spun Silver Productions is proud to announce the release of "My New Daddy" by Lilly Mossiano, an illustrated children's book originally written for the kids of FtM transgender parents. This is a one-of-a-kind book, aimed to aid children understand FtM transition. Thousands of transmen go through this transition without a solid resource to help explain things to the children in their lives. That resource is now available! It was officially placed for purchase through Smashwords.com January 14th, 2013. At the price of only $5, it is an invaluable resource to have in one's media library.

End Excerpt
----------------------------------------------------

I know many FtM men do not have, nor have the desire for children, but for those like me, who did the whole "baby thing" in an attempt to squelch the body dysphoria, there is now a book to help explain the transition to our children! It's got great illustrations, and simple to understand words. Plus it's an e-book, so I don't have to worry about pages getting ripped out.

I can also read it to my cousins' kids and my friends' kids, so that they understand, too!

I am so glad books like this exist now.
  •  

Shang

I'm not going to have kids, but that's really amazing! It's nice to see a book like this.
  •  

Adrian_Michael

Quote from: Aaron Gabriel on January 23, 2013, 03:19:08 PM
I'm not going to have kids, but that's really amazing! It's nice to see a book like this.

I had two before finally accepting that I was never met to be female...lol.  Honestly, I would even use this just to explain transition to friend's kids. It is so easy to understand and simple. I mean, it does seem like older kids may ask more questions, but I think that is the point of it, to open communications and take the elephant in the corner and bring it to light!
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

The book, I doubt I'd ever see something like it in my old elementary school library.
  •  

Adrian_Michael

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on January 23, 2013, 04:24:05 PM
The book, I doubt I'd ever see something like it in my old elementary school library.

Heck, they don't even allow "Lord of the Flies" anymore. I have no faith in the English department of public education.

I'm still confused on how this is weird. It is meant to be bought by trans* people to discuss transition with the younger generation...

What is weird about that?
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

It just is, when I was 5 I didn't know what transgendered was, lol. It just seems odd to hear about a transgender-themed children's book. Weird doesn't mean bad, I don't have anything against it.
  •  

Shang

Quote from: Adrian_Michael on January 23, 2013, 03:34:32 PM
I had two before finally accepting that I was never met to be female...lol.  Honestly, I would even use this just to explain transition to friend's kids. It is so easy to understand and simple. I mean, it does seem like older kids may ask more questions, but I think that is the point of it, to open communications and take the elephant in the corner and bring it to light!

I just don't like kids. :P  Well, it's more like I don't like having to deal with them for more than an hour or two.  I like the idea of giving them back. [The idea of carrying one is also dysphoric and I run a possibility of becoming paralyzed if I carry and I'll be damned if I let a kid sap me of my ability to walk.]  Anyway, I think it would possibly be good for other kids. I love the idea of this book and I'm glad it's out there for those people who have to deal with transitioning and have a kid.
  •  

Adrian_Michael

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on January 23, 2013, 04:36:59 PM
It just is, when I was 5 I didn't know what transgendered was, lol. It just seems odd to hear about a transgender-themed children's book. Weird doesn't mean bad, I don't have anything against it.

Gotcha. I think it was written because trans* people aren't as secretive anymore. We do not have to be(for the most part).

So, say my cousin's kids are 3 and 7. How can she explain me suddenly being "Uncle Adrian" to them without confusing them or just waiting for them to accept it? This book seeks to help with that.

I have read it, it actually doesn't say "transgendered" in it at all. It pretty much is written from a child's perspective, explaining how his mommy started dressing and acting more like a boy, and went to doctors to help him be a boy.  It's basically designed to explain thee changes that happen.
  •  

Adrian_Michael

Quote from: Aaron Gabriel on January 23, 2013, 04:40:42 PM
I just don't like kids. :P  Well, it's more like I don't like having to deal with them for more than an hour or two.  I like the idea of giving them back. [The idea of carrying one is also dysphoric and I run a possibility of becoming paralyzed if I carry and I'll be damned if I let a kid sap me of my ability to walk.]  Anyway, I think it would possibly be good for other kids. I love the idea of this book and I'm glad it's out there for those people who have to deal with transitioning and have a kid.

I am one of the weird ones. The only time I didn't feel dysphoric was when I was pregnant. Being a vessel of a new life kind of overrode my "ew, this body is girly" issues. Plus it stopped the monthly hell for 9+ months, LMAO.

I also cannot have another baby due to back issues and possible permanent damage. I view it as an excuse to have them rip my bits out, LMAO...easier to get them to do it if you pop a few hellions out.
  •  

eshaver

I'm totally for a book like this . I wish there was a good guide to M 2 F ............ ellen
See ya on the road folks !!!
  •  

Adrian_Michael

Quote from: eshaver on January 25, 2013, 07:11:48 PM
I'm totally for a book like this . I wish there was a good guide to M 2 F ............ ellen

There is! This is the second book in the series...the first one was callede, appropriately, "My New Mommy".

This is the facebook page for the series...https://www.facebook.com/MyNewSeries
  •