Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What if money was no object ?

Started by Anatta, February 05, 2013, 09:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadelineB

I would purchase 1500 acres and assemble a team of out of work engineers, construction people, transgender youth and adults, homeless, artists, and disabled people. We would push through the zoning and permits, put in the sewage and utilities, and convert fifty five thousand surplus shipping containers into modular, portable homes that could be bolted to slabs in the new village, but could also be transported easily and reconfigured as needed using a common set of shared components. (I designed this system once). Families or people starting home businesses could combine multiple container modules, which they would gradually own through their work for the village commons or achievement of other goals. In one year we'd have permanent housing and work places for 100,000 displaced people. It would cost so little per person, once the kinks were worked out, that we could replicate it elsewhere, selling commercial units to those who could afford it to subsidize the units of those who could not, and working with government and nonprofits to get people permanently off the streets and into new communities, with treatment facilities and parks located right in the villages next to the new stores and open source teaching facilities.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive
  •  

BunnyBee

I would become the Red Queen and I would fix everything that is wrong with everything. :icon_chick:
  •  

SonadoraXVX

Quit my job, live in the sticks, but close to a major city, stay on the downlow with my new found fortune and start a organization to help needy transgender people and fight for their legal and political rights to be respected in this country, ala Bill Gates, I would surmise :)

Lucia,
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

King Malachite

I would transition and hire a personal trainer/nutritionist,  and go to many anime conventions

As for charity work,  I'd start a foundation to help transgender individuals pay for their surgeries, provide binders, etc.

I would also donate to animal shelters and the humane society to help end kill-shelters

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Malachite on February 06, 2013, 02:59:57 AM
I would transition and hire a personal trainer/nutritionist,  and go to many anime conventions

As for charity work,  I'd start a foundation to help transgender individuals pay for their surgeries, provide binders, etc.

I would also donate to animal shelters and the humane society to help end kill-shelters

Kia Ora M,

That's very thoughtful-I like it...

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Nero

I'd be selfish and use it to buy the person I want. Money's a great aphrodisiac...
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Fat Admin on February 06, 2013, 10:58:34 PM
I'd be selfish and use it to buy the person I want. Money's a great aphrodisiac...

Kia Ora FA,

::) The love of 'Money' is the root of all evil [and happiness] ;D

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: Zenda on February 06, 2013, 10:50:44 PM
Kia Ora M,

That's very thoughtful-I like it...

Thanks :)  I have a soft spot for animals and hate to think of them being put down simply because no one wants them.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Anna++

First I would feel better about spending more money than I set out to on girl clothes over the last couple of weeks...

But it would also be nice to pay somebody to do the little improvements that I need / want around my home (new garage door opener, run ethernet through the walls, and so on).

Plus everything transition related... and maybe donate to medical and scientific research.
Sometimes I blog things

Of course I'm sane.  When trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.

•  

Anatta

Quote from: peky on February 07, 2013, 07:47:09 AM
Greed is good...it is a great motivator....like anything in life...in excess is not good

But no, greed and money are not the "root of all evil" there is no such a thing as the "root of all evil"...just in some childish minds

Kia Ora Peky,

::) I think you have misread the quote, it's "The 'LOVE' of money is the root of all evil !"  (1 Timothy 6:10),

The abyss of desire is difficult to fill, for love is blind, and greed insatiable.

You are more than welcome to be greedy, if that's what floats your boat !

But greed is greed.... there's no sliding scale to greed Peky, no matter how one tries to candy coat  :icon_bunch: the word...

So... "What if money was no object " What would you do Peky ?

•  

Anatta

Quote from: Malachite on February 06, 2013, 11:53:51 PM
Thanks :)  I have a soft spot for animals and hate to think of them being put down simply because no one wants them.

Kia Ora M,

Me too...

::) I like to see lambs surrounded by green meadows-not lamb surrounded by greens on the plate  :) :D

•  

Jayne

I've thought for years that if I won the lottery i'd start a retreat for anyone under the trans umbrella but all i've won so far is about £3  ::)
On a personal level i'd transition privately, buy a house by a canal & a narrowboat, i'd also learn to play the piano, the only realistic one right now is learning to play the piano so that's my long term reward for when I quit smoking
  •  

Huan Cao

If money was no object, I would buy all sorts of punk lolita clothes with all kinds of fashionable accessories while I start HRT.
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::) I feel a slightly off track moment coming on...

Have you ever thought about the amount of germs and bacteria on money ie, notes and coins [no doubt cc too]...

Whose been handling that dollar bill and where has it been ?  :icon_yikes:

•  

Kevin Peña

There are germs on everything (except for sterilized surfaces).  1 in every 50 pounds you weigh is bacteria. Have fun sleeping tonight. Mwahahahaha. :P
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: DianaP on February 16, 2013, 08:24:56 PM
There are germs on everything (except for sterilized surfaces).  1 in every 50 pounds you weigh is bacteria. Have fun sleeping tonight. Mwahahahaha. :P

Kia Ora Diana,

Now you're really 'bugging' me... ;) ;D

•  

Anna++

Quote from: DianaP on February 16, 2013, 08:24:56 PM

Some of that is good bacteria that helps to break down food, though.  Yay symbiosis!
Sometimes I blog things

Of course I'm sane.  When trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.

•  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: EmSchuma on February 16, 2013, 08:33:50 PM
Some of that is good bacteria that helps to break down food, though.  Yay symbiosis!

Doesn't change the fact that it's bacteria. Though E. Coli and I are cool seeing as to how my microvilli wouldn't be able to absorb broken down lactose without it.  :P

However, most bacteria are evil and try to get past my defenses, but my T-lymphocytes have something to say about that. If they ever return, my memory B-cells are always watching.  :icon_suspicious:
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Anywho, if I had unlimited money, you can add an emperor penguin exhibit to my list of things to buy. Baby emperor penguins are so cute! AHHHHH!  ;D

•  

MadelineB

I just realized, that I've been living my entire life as if money was no object.
I usually haven't had that much of it, but what I've had has always gone to alleviating the suffering of those around me, which helps me because I have a ridiculously compassionate heart and not a lot of filters, so their hurts are my hurts.
What has changed the most is that I've grown up to be a little bit wiser about what actually helps and what doesn't. Encouraging dependency doesn't, I've discovered. And often when someone appears to need a financial boost, they really need something more instead.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

Oh I know I know, I'd have Mars terraformed, and I'd have a giant, golden face mountain that takes after me built so I can look at myself in a telescope. ^.^
  •