Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What if money was no object ?

Started by Anatta, February 05, 2013, 09:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora,

There's a lot of talk about money ie, not having enough to start transitioning etc....

So what would you do if money was no object ?

What do you desire ?

Is the love of money truly the root of all evil ?

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Brooke777

If money was no object I would do all I can to help those in need. Help get those in poverty out of it. Make sure everyone has enough food, water and medicine. Make sure everyone has a roof over their head. That is what I would start with.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Brooke777 on February 05, 2013, 09:53:29 PM
If money was no object I would do all I can to help those in need. Help get those in poverty out of it. Make sure everyone has enough food, water and medicine. Make sure everyone has a roof over their head. That is what I would start with.

Kia Ora Brooke,

The saddest thing is, money is no object when it comes to all the things you mentioned, but it would seem the love of money "greed" is...

Money...I'm alright Jack keep your hands off of my stack "Pink Floyd"..

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Shang

First I would transition as completely as I could.  Then I would go about getting my master's degree and then getting my bachelor's in Funeral Services.  These degrees would then be used to help as many people through education and also through helping them through their grief over a loved one.  I'm big on education so while Brooke777 feeds the world, I'll educate them instead.

However much I would love to live in a world where money is no object, that's not how this society works.  In this society it requires money to buy food and to have a house.  It requires money to pay the farmers for their time and effort in order to let them in turn be able to buy food.  It takes money to be able to educate someone, especially in a world where there's a growing emphasis on technology.  In this society and world, nothing is free though people would like it to be.
  •  

Brooke777

Quote from: Zenda on February 05, 2013, 10:00:45 PM
Kia Ora Brooke,

The saddest thing is, money is no object when it comes to all the things you mentioned, but it would seem the love of money "greed" is...

Honestly, I wish that were true. But, I don't have the money to do those things. If those who do have the money were not greedy, then yes money would not be an object. But, for the most part those of us that would help, can't.
  •  

Kevin Peña

I would pay to be able to overhaul the agricultural system to get beef off the market so that we can instead grow vegetation to feed the planet, ending one of the worst things ever: hunger. I would then pay for water filtration plants in every state/country so everyone can be motivated to drink water instead of soda.

After that, I'll have done my part, and I'll continue towards my next goal: doing whatever the heck I want! Riding a pony in the meadow, ride my bike across America or maybe even go on a world tour around every continent (I would, of course, fly over the oceans on a plane), move to Ecuador and have my own house built, and study whatever I want.  :)
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

After setting up my SRS, I would establish a transition housing for low income and homeless transpeople.  Give them a chance to gain education and employment.

Money is not the root of all evil, it is the love of money, a.k.a. greed.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Aaron Gabriel on February 05, 2013, 10:02:53 PM
First I would transition as completely as I could.  Then I would go about getting my master's degree and then getting my bachelor's in Funeral Services.  These degrees would then be used to help as many people through education and also through helping them through their grief over a loved one.  I'm big on education so while Brooke777 feeds the world, I'll educate them instead.

However much I would love to live in a world where money is no object, that's not how this society works.  In this society it requires money to buy food and to have a house.  It requires money to pay the farmers for their time and effort in order to let them in turn be able to buy food.  It takes money to be able to educate someone, especially in a world where there's a growing emphasis on technology.  In this society and world, nothing is free though people would like it to be.

Kia Ora AG,

It's true, education is a way out of poverty...'Feed the brain' can help feed the body...

•  

Anatta

Quote from: Brooke777 on February 05, 2013, 10:03:50 PM
Honestly, I wish that were true. But, I don't have the money to do those things. If those who do have the money were not greedy, then yes money would not be an object. But, for the most part those of us that would help, can't.

Kia Ora Brooke,

What is "Money" ...a piece of plastic, an internet transaction, coins and notes...We can't eat or drink it...So in a sense "Money" is really no object...But the 'thoughts' surrounding it are...

•  

Anatta

Quote from: Ms. OBrien VT on February 05, 2013, 10:12:22 PM
After setting up my SRS, I would establish a transition housing for low income and homeless transpeople.  Give them a chance to gain education and employment.

Kia Ora Ms O,

That's so true...

•  

Anatta

Quote from: DianaP on February 05, 2013, 10:06:34 PM
I would pay to be able to overhaul the agricultural system to get beef off the market so that we can instead grow vegetation to feed the planet, ending one of the worst things ever: hunger. I would then pay for water filtration plants in every state/country so everyone can be motivated to drink water instead of soda.

After that, I'll have done my part, and I'll continue towards my next goal: doing whatever the heck I want! Riding a pony in the meadow, ride my bike across America or maybe even go on a world tour around every continent (I would, of course, fly over the oceans on a plane), move to Ecuador and have my own house built, and study whatever I want.  :)

Kia Ora Diana,

Where there's a 'will' there's a way...Go for it...

•  

Emily Aster

Like most of the rest, I would take care of my transition needs first. Then I'd switch to a career that has actual benefit to people instead of just one that allows me to pay for the basic parts of transition.
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

I'd do a crapload on transitioning, buy a private jet, take a space tour, buy ridiculously expensive clothes, set my family for life, and of course take over the world and force people to do things my way. :)
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Emily Elizabeth on February 05, 2013, 10:54:53 PM
Like most of the rest, I would take care of my transition needs first. Then I'd switch to a career that has actual benefit to people instead of just one that allows me to pay for the basic parts of transition.

Kia Ora EE,

What's stopping you from doing the career switch before transition ?

•  

Anatta

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on February 05, 2013, 11:25:11 PM
I'd do a crapload on transitioning, buy a private jet, take a space tour, buy ridiculously expensive clothes, set my family for life, and of course take over the world and force people to do things my way. :)

Kia Ora Trista,

Well thank god money 'is' an object...[And when an atheist thanks 'god'- that's really saying something] ;) ;D

•  

Emily Aster

Quote from: Zenda on February 05, 2013, 11:25:51 PM
What's stopping you from doing the career switch before transition ?

If I stay in this job, I don't need to trade my house in for my transition :)
  •  

Keira

I find it interesting that no one so far has suggested helping other trans people transition (ie setting up a friendly trans institution).

I myself would set up a trans-friendly institute that helped trans people along with their transition. I would also probably fully transition within a year or two (possibly with SRS). The institute would also serve as a learning centre for LGBT people as well as a safe place for other friendly (being the key word) minorities.

I would most likely get a couple masters degrees and be a therapist in the institution just so I could keep an eye on it.

-Skye
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Sky-Blue on February 05, 2013, 11:36:28 PM
I find it interesting that no one so far has suggested helping other trans people transition (ie setting up a friendly trans institution).

I myself would set up a trans-friendly institute that helped trans people along with their transition. I would also probably fully transition within a year or two (possibly with SRS). The institute would also serve as a learning centre for LGBT people as well as a safe place for other friendly (being the key word) minorities.

I would most likely get a couple masters degrees and be a therapist in the institution just so I could keep an eye on it.

-Skye
Kia Ora SB,

Great minds think alike....

Ms O did ...

Quote from: Ms. OBrien VT on February 05, 2013, 10:12:22 PM

•  

~RoadToTrista~

I find it interesting that you're only going to help trans people. :P
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Emily Elizabeth on February 05, 2013, 11:35:51 PM
If I stay in this job, I don't need to trade my house in for my transition :)

Kia Ora EE,

That's a good enough reason ....I wish you well...

•