News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Urinating while standing after meto / meta

Started by gatsby, February 18, 2013, 11:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatsby

Hello all,

This is a cross-post from FTM talk. Forgive me if that's against the rules, but I though maybe I'd get additional info on this forum.
To give a brief introduction: I am FTM and transitioned about 3 years ago, meaning I started living full time as male, had top surgery and am on T.

I am now starting to seriously contemplate metoidioplasty with urethral hookup / lengthening. It is important to me to be able to urinate standing, so I'm not real keen to take on the expense, pain, and risk of having any surgery that doesn't accomplish that. So with that said, I have a few questions that I hope those of you who have had the procedure can help me out with.

-   Are you able to effectively / practically use a urinal?
-   Is the stream decent, or is there a lot of spraying or is it difficult to control?
-   Can you go by just unzipping, or do you need to pull your pants down a lot?

I've see several post op pics and even videos of guys peeing post-meto, but I cannot recall ever seeing one where the guy was not either completely naked, or had his pants like all the way down around his ankles. I must admit that this makes me somewhat suspicious that standing to void even with urethral lengthening may not, for all practical purposes, be much, if any, better than using a STP device. Obviously you can't pull your drawers half way down to use a public restroom.

Any information or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  •