Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Ask Matt: My Feminine Side is Screaming to Get Out

Started by Shana A, February 19, 2013, 08:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

Ask Matt: My Feminine Side is Screaming to Get Out

February 18, 2013 by Matt Kailey

http://tranifesto.com/2013/02/18/ask-matt-my-feminine-side-is-screaming-to-get-out/

A reader writes: "I have questions, but have never had the strength or will to voice them and ask. I am, of course, a genetically born male, and most of the time I'm fine with that. But more often, in recent months, I've felt that it's not right. I feel like there is a feminine side of me that is screaming to get out, like it's trapped."

"But it's not just a matter of acting more feminine. I don't want to say it's genetic, but that's the best way to describe it. I used to chalk it up to just being a sensitive guy, because I am. I have more in common with more girls I know than I do with guys. But lately it feels like there is more to it than that.

"It's an uncomfortableness with my own appearance as a man. But then that leaves me for a few days, then returns. It has gotten to the point where I'm confused about myself. Not sexually, though I know that has nothing to do with gender, but I am confused genderwise.

"But then at the same time, I'm scared. I don't know if I'd be happy if I started to transition, but I do know I don't feel right the way I am now, or I don't think I do. I don't know what the right choice is right now, and believe me I'm not asking you to tell me exactly what I should do, but I am asking for your guidance, and maybe asking someone who might have been in the same spot I am.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•