Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

don't do this

Started by sandrauk, February 22, 2013, 07:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyric

It certainly took a good sense of humor to go ahead and put that video on YouTube after that mishap. Geez, I've always been afraid of curling irons. I'm strictly curlers and pins.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

JulieC.

I never thought curling irons got that hot.

"Happiness is not something ready made.  It comes from your own actions" - Dalai Lama
"It always seem impossible until it's done." - Nelson Mandela
  •  

Beth Andrea

I feel so bad for her....and she didn't have it on that long, either. Probably set way too high.

Re: her comment about not using the clamp, because it makes a little "kink" at the end...she's rolling it backwards. You can learn this by taking a hair curler (turned OFF) and something like a shoestring...clamp one end, and wrap the hair IN THE DIRECTION YOU STARTED WITH.

A Paint image I made:

And, remember to use anti-heat spray...it really does help prevent heat damage (but not catastrophic events, like this one).
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: JulieC. on February 23, 2013, 05:30:57 PM
I never thought curling irons got that hot.

Oooooh yes, they do.  :-\   ;)
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •