Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Professions and Majors

Started by tomthom, February 23, 2013, 07:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomthom

I'm curious as to the sort of talents and occupations some of us have here. Any rocket scientists? Doctors? Store Clerks? Movie makers?

who knows, maybe we can even network a bit to alleviate the stress of transgender unemployment. That's always a noble subtext to have some extra banter.

I'm an art major, currently studying to be an entertainment designer (concept art among other things)

Corrected typo in title
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
Practicality dominates me. I can be a bit harsh, but I mean well.
  •  

crazy at the coast

•  

muffinpants

I'm working on a bachelors in anthropology, so that's pretty okay I guess. Maybe gonna go on for masters.. probably. As for my part time job, I work at a privately owned vet hospital. I clean and do some of the technician stuff. It's also pretty okay.
  •  

Shang

I have a degree in history and a license to teach Social Studies.  I currently have no job as my degree isn't qualifying for me the jobs I want and it's over qualifying me for other jobs.
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Sara Thomas

History degree with teaching certification - I drive a truck in the oilfield... It's mostly fun, though: Fair wages, driving lonely lease roads in Beautiful West Texas with just my thoughts to keep me company, off-roading in a semi...  :)
I ain't scared... I just don't want to mess up my hair.
  •  

Anna++

Computer programmer / Linux kernel hacker :)
Sometimes I blog things

Of course I'm sane.  When trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.

•  

Jeepgirl90

Mechanic/Assistant Shop Manager/Parts Manager well at least for now

•  

Edge

I'm currently a biology student.
  •  

King Malachite

I'm majoring in Criminal Justice.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

BirdOnTheWire

I'm currently working a minimum wage food service job but have an Associate's degree in recording arts.  :-\
  •  

Kayla

My current gig: night stocker at a grocery store (I never looked for any other work, since I've been planning on going back to school)

My education: B.A. with a major in Political Science

In 6 months, I begin working towards getting my Juris Doctorate.
  •  

Zumbagirl

My education is a BS in mechanical engineering but I work in IT management for a large insurance company.
  •  

spacial

I used to swing a hammer until they found a cheaper way to do it.
  •  

Misato

Masters in Computer Science & woefully underemployed Software Engineer, though they call me a developer at work.  Ick!

Can you be a professional job seeker too?  If so I appear to be that as well.
  •  

peky

There are no "rocket engineers" LOL. Propoulsion, guidance, etc most schools call them aeronautical engineers.

But no thanks I am not and enginner though I have the privilage of working with engineers, interesting lot

So, I am scientist among other things
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

My dream is to become an astronaut nurse! ^.^ I do realize that isn't realistic, so I'll just stick to pursuing a nursing degree in the fall for now.

But someday!
  •  

ford

One "rocket engineer" here lol (ok, aerospace engineer, focus in astronautics). But I got out of the industry last year and now I'm getting a second bachelors in Biology (ecology focus) so that I can spend my days working outdoors and not in some sad little cubicle. Sort of a not-quite-midlife crisis...
"Hey you, sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!"
~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  •  

Rachel

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

ashley_thomas

•