Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A very... interesting diet.

Started by tomthom, March 15, 2013, 12:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomthom

This is probably one of the few scientific dietary endeavors I've seen. I kept expecting it to be satire as I was reading it, but the nutrition values check out. this guy might just very well be on to something. He calls it "Soylent" in homage the the movie soylent green, as it would be all you need to fuel yourself. unfortunately this one isn't made of ground up human remains, but it's close.

http://robrhinehart.com/?p=298
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
Practicality dominates me. I can be a bit harsh, but I mean well.
  •  

DirtyFox

Well that was a very interesting and entertaining read. Definitely a good way to cut back on all the excess/manufactured fats and such. I'd try it =p
Watching the birds made me feel like taking a journey. The people, the landscapes, everything was imperfect but beautiful.
  •  

tomthom

you wanna copy the formulas and do it then? It's not all that hard, just a minor initial investment. We could easily post the results here. I'm really curious as to just how effective it would be on my abysmal energy levels.
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
  •  

DirtyFox

Yes, by all means  :). Two data sets are much better than one. I would just have to take a quick inventory of what I have currently and make a trip to get the rest. I would also like to construct a cost analysis comparing a typical diet cost to this. Could be quite a bit of data but I'm used to more haha
Watching the birds made me feel like taking a journey. The people, the landscapes, everything was imperfect but beautiful.
  •  

Lucid

I certainly wouldn't mind trying this out either.  Count me in.
  •  

MidnightKat

I gotta say, I would try this as well.  I hate eating and all the bloating that comes with it.  HOwever, I still don't know whats in it.
The truth doesn't require your approval.
  •  

tomthom

There's a link in the post to the ingredients list.
― Hayao Miyazaki
  •  

Kayle Sky

IDK, I am sure that this persons intake is a little quaky. I read his posts and it's late but if this person exercises this much, it is not going to be a pinch and a tweak here and there to get the proper supplements. I wonder what they are doing for caloric count and maintaining so that they can actually fuel their body. It just seems to good to be true. IMO every time it has seemed that way, it is that way. At least so far in experience for myself. however, if it does work, let me know ^.^

tomthom

this time it uses well established fact instead of theory though in terms of body intake. But yes, I shall follow the story and attempt a week of it on my own when I am able to procure the materials.
― Hayao Miyazaki
  •  

A

This is... awesome. I don't know if it has any health drawbacks, but I'm pretty sure they're minor compared to what my current awful diet has. I've signed up on his website. Can't wait to get an answer.
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

KaylaP

I posted that I was looking for a meal replacement solution that would let me remain healthy, then I start started looking at the other posts here and saw this... sad that it isn't available yet :(  Time to join the DIY Soylent crowd.
  •