Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A Hot Dog Party

Started by Cindy, March 19, 2013, 05:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

Well I'm thinking of organising a hot dog party for family, they are all from USA, I'm from th UK. We live in Australia.

I want some recipes for hot dog sauces/stuff.

My sister (VM) gave me a cajun recipe I wanted a few more.

My idea was to make a selection of a few of the more 'American' recipes and let them try them out.

So people.

HIT ME

C
  •  

Jamie D

I would look at these ideas:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Main-Dish/Sandwiches-and-Wraps/Hot-Dogs/

My favorites include -

Chili Dog - hot dog on a toasted bun topped with chili (no beans), shredded cheddar cheese, and onion (condiments optional)

Chicago Dog - usually on a poppy seed bun, hot dog topped with deli mustard, sweet pickle relish, chopped onion, sliced tomato, and peperoncinis

Coney Island Dog - warm bun, all beef (kosher) hot dog topped with Coney Sauce, chopped onion, and yellow mustard

Kraut Dog - warm bun, hot dog, warm sauerkraut, German mustard

Dodger Dog - warm bun, "foot-long" hot dog, mustard, ketchup, chopped onions, sweet relish, served with beer.

Here is a sample recipe for Coney Island hot dog sauce: http://www.grouprecipes.com/31717/coney-island-hot-dog-sauce.html

•  

Devlyn

Sigh, the footlong hotdog place in my town just burned to the ground. They made the best onion rings in the world. I like chili cheese sauerkraut dogs myself. Oh, the postal service hasn't delivered my invitation yet, Cindy, I'm sure it's an oversight. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Sarah Louise

I like the Chicago Vienna Beef hotdogs, but they have closed down all the stands that used to be around.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Hot Dogs, Mac and cheese.  Childhood fav.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

bethany

Corn Dogs.

Original recipe makes 16 corndogs

1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 quart vegetable oil for frying
2 (16 ounce) packages beef frankfurters
16 wooden skewers

Directions

1.In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, sugar and baking powder. Stir in eggs and milk.
2.Preheat oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Insert wooden skewers into frankfurters. Roll frankfurters in batter until well coated.
3.Fry 2 or 3 corn dogs at a time until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.

Recipe found at http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Corn-Dogs/
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Mom's Hot Dog Boats

6 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup warm milk
1/4 cup butter
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 (16 ounce) package hot dogs
4 processed cheese singles (such as Kraft®), cut in half

Directions

1. Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two. Return to the pot, and mash with the milk, butter, salt, and pepper.

2. While the potatoes are boiling, place the hot dogs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then keep warm on low until the potatoes have been mashed.

3. Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.

4. Cut the hot dogs down the center, leaving the two halves attached (like a hot dog bun). Stuff the hot dogs with mashed potatoes and place into a baking dish. Place half a slice of cheese on top of each hot dog.

5. Broil in the preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly and has melted, about 1 minute.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Sarah Louise

Woody's Chicago Style hotdog stands, that's the name I was trying to remember before.  I thought about ordering them online one time, but the shipping was prohibitive (had to be overnight in dry ice).
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Sarah Louise on March 19, 2013, 12:30:43 PM
Woody's Chicago Style hotdog stands, that's the name I was trying to remember before.  I thought about ordering them online one time, but the shipping was prohibitive (had to be overnight in dry ice).

Psssst.....don't worry about the shipping, it's Cindy's responsibility to get the dogs that her guests want, she can pick up the tab!
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 19, 2013, 11:35:09 AM
Sigh, the footlong hotdog place in my town just burned to the ground. They made the best onion rings in the world. I like chili cheese sauerkraut dogs myself. Oh, the postal service hasn't delivered my invitation yet, Cindy, I'm sure it's an oversight. Hugs, Devlyn

That's because I haven't organised a date yet. I'm training a carrier pigeon to read Google map to deliver your invite.

Not a stone left unturned with this girl!
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

•  

Devlyn

You post that picture, and you have that saying as your signature? This is wrong on so many levels!
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Actually owners of dachshund race them dressed like that.

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Ms. OBrien CVT on March 19, 2013, 06:11:33 PM
Actually owners of dachshund race them dressed like that.

Fast food?
  •  

Devlyn

Now it's gone from bad to wurst.......
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

•  

Devlyn

I see what you did there, brat! Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

•  

Devlyn

All done? I'm trying to curry favor.
  •