Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

My first post about my Phoenix trip.

Started by VickieDavis, May 27, 2007, 07:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VickieDavis

I sent this to the T-Vals Yahoo group.  ;D

I was visiting my friend Linda, in Phoenix, Arizona, a few weeks ago. I had spent the whole trip in girl mode, with only "boy IDs," and I even flew that way, because Melissa (meli37027) had told me, how she had done it several times with no trouble at all. I had accumulated more stuff, on the trip, then my suitcases would hold for my flight home, so I prepared a box of my overflow cloths to send home.

Linda took me to the post office to mail the box. After waiting a long time in line it was my turn. I placed the box on the counter and the guy took it. It was to cost just over $22 and I only had $21 in cash so I handed him my pink Discover Card with Vickie Davis on the front. (My favorite card!) He said he also needed to see my driver's license.

"Oh, >-bleeped-<," I thought. "I guess you need to know all my secrets," I told him taking back my pink credit card and giving him my male credit card and male driver's license. I laughed a bit nervously.

He picked up the cards and examined them. Then he did something that was so cute. He leaned way over and peeked around my big package on the counter and asked is the nicest way, "Is that really you?" I assured him that it was while still laughing. "I would have never guessed," he said.

He processed my credit card and thanked me. I thanked him for being so understanding, and not asking me anything too loudly.

Then I left, happily knowing that I had passed that day, even though I had to eventually out myself. I also survived having to out myself, and i lived to talk about it, which is something I always worry about.

All in all, it was a great experience!

Chair Woman of Tennessee Vals (a Nashville based TG support group) http://tvals.org
Treasure of Tennessee Transgender Political Coalition http://ttgpac.com/
  •