Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Junk-Food...You Are What You Eat !

Started by Anatta, April 12, 2013, 12:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::) You Are What You Eat Some say, well at least I'm not a Gluts-
along with a little fruit and vegetables I'm quite happy being NUTS !
:icon_yes:

So come on....Own up...Who eats junk-food ?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lrFSJxqfLOY/TeM_ZHP_m5I/AAAAAAAAACc/hoD1d2VoED8/s1600/Letter_box_e_bec_WEB.jpg

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

big kim

Depends on your view of what junk food is,I love fish and chips which is England's finest culinary masterpiece in my opinion.As with most simple foods it's all too easy to stuff it up and there's plenty of horrible chip shops around.There's no better place to eat it than the seaside.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: big kim on April 12, 2013, 02:27:41 AM
Depends on your view of what junk food is,I love fish and chips which is England's finest culinary masterpiece in my opinion.As with most simple foods it's all too easy to stuff it up and there's plenty of horrible chip shops around.There's no better place to eat it than the seaside.

Kia Ora Big Kim,

I guess if it's cooked right and not all greasy then it would have some nutritional benefits...

However when I think of junk food I was thinking along the lines of Mc D and KFC and the like, plus candy, lollies, sweets, cokes, pepsi  etc...

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

ZoeM

Well, I'm a sucker for a tasty burger - McD's doesn't really quite count - but beyond that I generally prefer real food most days.
Like coffee and donuts. :)
Don't lose who you are along the path to who you want to be.

•  

Anatta

Quote from: ZoeM on April 12, 2013, 09:38:26 PM
Well, I'm a sucker for a tasty burger - McD's doesn't really quite count - but beyond that I generally prefer real food most days.
Like coffee and donuts. :)

Kia Ora Zoe,

So you are mostly made up of caffeine, sugar and bovine   ;) ;D

•  

Ms. OBrien CVT

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

big kim

A Subway veggie patty takes some beating
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: big kim on April 12, 2013, 02:27:41 AM

Ahhh fish and chips! The food of the gods. Kim we can almost start an international F&C topic. Best I have had so far was in Hobart in Tassie, on the wharf, atmosphere and food, awesome. Wrapped in newsprint a well.

30 odd years ago Nick the greek on west derby road in Liverpool was a frequent hang out. Possibly changed by now!
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

I have not found any decent F&C in America.  Most of them come on a bun and the chips are skinny.  The last decent one were back in the 70 and in Windsor.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

bethany

Here in Southeastern Massachusetts there are a few great places for Fish and Chips, but then there are some really bad places that won't use a beer batter. It's sacrilege
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: Ms. OBrien CVT on April 12, 2013, 09:57:16 PM

Enough said

OMG, now I'm hungry!

Hot sauce on any taco-type food = delicious, droolable, and better than caffeine in the morning...

Burger King Whopper has a TON of fresh-sliced veggies on it...besides the usual tomato, lettuce, onion, it also has the always-in-season grilled hamburger patty...and cheese, on request.

Wendy's also has fresh veggies on their burgers, don't like their buns as much as BK, but their fries...omg their fries...*drools*

And Pizza Hut...my fav? stuffed crust with pepperoni, black olives, and mushrooms. (and yes, I do share the pizza, I don't eat it all in one sitting)

But, "everything in moderation"...so for work lunches, most days I bring an apple, a yogurt cup, two, maybe 3 fruit cups, and drink about 1/2 gallon of water. I can easily feel the difference when I don't bring this kind of lunch, and eat out instead. *blech*

But once a week, say a Friday night? Fast-food junkie here.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Ohh....Wendy's has one of the best fast food hamburgers out there. *wants*

I eat way more junk food than I should, and it shows. :P
  •  

Misato

Cinnamon based candy & French fries.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Misato33 on April 13, 2013, 03:09:42 PM
Cinnamon based candy & French fries.

Kia Ora Misato,

Are you pregnant ?  ;)

•  

Misato

Heh.

Not at the same time.  I think...  Sometimes I don't think before I nom nom nom.
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

For all you fish & chips eaters [BTW I used to be one]

BBC News - The unlikely origin of fish and chips

I was also brought up on pie & mash, and used to go to the old pie & mash shop in Tower Bridge road http://www.manze.co.uk/

•  

big kim

I enjoyed eel mash and pie more than I expected when I worked in London, Roy's outside Dagenham Heathway underground was a nice one and reasonably priced
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: big kim on April 13, 2013, 04:46:44 PM
I enjoyed eel mash and pie more than I expected when I worked in London, Roy's outside Dagenham Heathway underground was a nice one and reasonably priced

Kia Ora Big Kim,

Menze's pie & mash shop has been around since 1906...

I used to live just off of Southwark park road Bermondsey[to sound upper class, locals used to call it 'Berm-On- sea'-Well, the River Thames did past through it] ;) :D 

Tower bridge road was where my favourite pie & mash shop was...

An old film clip of Bermondsey-Tower Bridge road and Southwark Park road [I think taken in the 1930s]

BTW I used to also eat jellied ells and winkles ...

•  

spring0721

I LOVE junk food, I'll admit....especially chocolate. I love to cook and bake so it's easy to fall into a 'junk food' trap! I try to keep my everyday diet healthy & filled with excercise, but I always take 1 day a week off to eat all those yummy things I've been craving throughout the week:)
People are people, treat everyone with the same respect and courtesy that you want to receive.
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

All this has brought back 'sweet' memories...[of tooth decay]

Back in the 1950 and 60s the local 'toffee apple' man would peddle around the streets ring his bike bell and shouting "Nice toffee apples for sale!"

So one would first have to eat through the sweet toffee teeth-rotting 'junk' to get to the more 'healthy' apple...I think in the US they called it a candy apple...

•