Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Help for light flyaway hair ?

Started by Anindya, April 25, 2013, 09:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anindya

I grow my hair long, currently when stretched a couple of inches below shoulder height, but it's not how I want it in that it is naturally curly where if I allow it to dry naturally it forms into vertical spirals which sit on the shoulder and after that once combed it is light, flyaway and tangly, where in the summer I have some success with oiling my hair with coconut oil.

But I can't use coconut at the moment because it is still too cold, I know when to use it when the oil is not solid in the tub as if I were to melt it and apply it to my hair it would go solid due to the cooler air at this time of year in the UK and that is not what I want.

At the moment I am using argan oil to control the mess, it works for a while but doesn't last long as the hair is still too flyaway but at least not as tangly and I have tried Asian hair oils and olive, they leave the hair too greasy looking.

I do dye my hair from time to time but only using henna and indigo, but persistant fly away hair is my bane, so any suggestions ?

(Technically my hair is oval in cross section and so curls naturally and I understand tends to be lighter and weaker)
Yeah XXY
  •  

Renee

I have naturally curly hair that gets frizzy really easy and live at the coast where it is often humid. I use a leave in conditioner along with some mousse for curly hair, then a little hairspray and after all that, I do not comb or brush it or it will undo the work to keep it under control, the most I will do is run my fingers through it lightly to fluff it a bit. It works and my hair stays nice for most of the day and its not too stiff or anything.
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Warm some olive oil in hot water.  Apply to hair, combing through.  Wrap with a warm towel and let it set for a half hour.  Shampoo to remove excess and style.

About once or twice a week should help.  Also don't shampoo everyday, you strip the natural oils off the hair.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Azusa John

Here in the US we have a product called Mousse which comes in an aerosol can and is a foam of sorts.  You can apply to your hair and it adds a bit of body as well as some staying power in styling.
  •  

Cindy

I use 'Mythic Oil' by L'Oreal. It is expensive but a few drops is all it takes. Janet's idea of Olive Oil sounds good. I was told by my hairdressers that I was washing my hair way too often and at maximum once a week if I was working out in the gym was well enough.

My hair was so fine it was a frizzy cloud, I looked as if I had stuck my finger in the electric socket!
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

I don't wash my hair with shampoo ever.  Water removes excess oil for the first couple weeks, but it can be pretty greasy but then your scalp naturally reduces the amount of oil produced because you aren't stripping the oil away every day anymore.  My hair does not look or feel greasy as you might think it would.  Its also never overly dry as it used to be.  I also don't get dandruff or itchy scalp anymore.  Shampoo is the devil.
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

Lyric

I had hair like that and it took a long time, but I got it in very good shape. Lots of conditioning was the key. I only washed my hair a couple of times per week, using a good quality shampoo and conditioner. Then out of the shower I spray in an after shampoo leave-in conditioner like Infusium 23. Every couple of weeks I do a deep oil conditioning. This seemed to expand the size of the hair shaft for new growth. After cutting off about 6 inches of the ends the remaining hair looked fantastic.

~ Lyric ~
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •