Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Distrust of Doctors ?

Started by Anindya, April 29, 2013, 10:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anindya

Last year I had the answer to all my questions, twenty years of bothering my GP with questions he could not answer to the point I had the feeling they believed me a hypochondriac or some other attention seeker where i did have the sense they were ignoring me.

But last year as the result of my own research into hey male chest lumps given I had one I requested a karyotype test to find I was indeed an xxy male and so suddenly the doctors have sat up and are taking notice, where I do detect some embarrassment as everything in my medical history, everything I have quested of doctors to be ignored is symptomatic of xxy.

And so interest at last, they are taking me seriously, of which I feel is a bit late given I have a destroyed marriage, loss of home, business, family and self confidence behind me, but what I am finding with my new found knowledge is that I am treating doctors with contempt and questioning their judgement.

Is this normal for me to be doing so, should I be so distrusting of medical practitioners ?

And can anyone say why it is they think I am so distrusting of them ?
Yeah XXY
  •  

JLT1

Well, I do trust doctors when they actually have valid reasons for their decisions. Unfortunately, valid reasons seem to be rare for some medical conditions.   In the end, you are responsible for yourself and your body.  So, chose wisely and be informed.  Also, remember that doctors are human and they do a tough job that I would not want so a little slack sometimes is warranted. 
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •