Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

2 year weight loss progress (with graphs!)

Started by Anna++, April 30, 2013, 09:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna++

I'm feeling good about myself so I figured I would share my progress over the last few years.  My strategy so far has been to still eat whatever I want but to change what I want to eat.  I've cut out as much snack food as I can (cookies, chips, pop) and I eat healthier now.  I also walk a LOT more.

And because I like to document everything, here are my graphs!  Can you look at these and guess when I was on business trips?

My goal is 130.  Hopefully I'll be there in another year!
Sometimes I blog things

Of course I'm sane.  When trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.

•  

Lubbles

Wow I am really impressed! Keep it up! You can do it! ^.^
"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears."

~ Les Brown
  •  

Anna++

Thanks!  The first few months were the hardest, my stomach kept saying "it's snack time!" and I had to keep reminding myself "no, no it's not"
Sometimes I blog things

•  

Lubbles

I'm at that stage right now. If it really keeps grumbling at me about it I eat a cucumber. :P

~ Les Brown
  •  

Anna++

That's a good strategy.  Keep pushing yourself, the end goal is worth it!

I have absolutely no idea how I managed to weigh 175 for so long.  Probably college food...
Sometimes I blog things

•  

Beth Andrea

...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Anna++

Sometimes I blog things

•  

Beth Andrea

...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

barbie

Indeed exemplar case.
I do not change food, but just exercise.
Result?
No change in weight, even some increase if i do not exercise.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Lubbles

College food is horrid, Ramen lots of Ramen thats how I gained all my weight.  :icon_ashamed:  I think 140 is quite healthy for 5'5" I could be wrong but it sounds right to me.

~ Les Brown
  •  

mm

congraduations, 130 and 5'5" is a weight any girl would be pleased  having.
  •  

kira21 ♡♡♡

Anna++

Quote from: Lubbles on April 30, 2013, 12:09:54 PM
College food is horrid, Ramen lots of Ramen thats how I gained all my weight.  :icon_ashamed:  I think 140 is quite healthy for 5'5" I could be wrong but it sounds right to me.

I still have a bit of stomach fat left to lose.  I had surgery a couple of years ago and now there is a crease along where they cut me open, so I'd like to lose enough weight that it flattens out :).

Quote from: mm on April 30, 2013, 02:05:36 PM
congraduations, 130 and 5'5" is a weight any girl would be pleased  having.

My thoughts exactly!  I wonder how much I'll lose in muscle mass alone as HRT works its magic.
Sometimes I blog things

•  

Gina_Z

That's amazing Anna!! Please tell us some of the details of your diet. What are you typical meals? Do you drink a lot of water? What foods do you avoid? I need to lose about 30 lbs. Maybe more.
Gina
  •  

Anna++

I have either oatmeal or cereal for breakfast.  Lunch is either a sandwich or salad with a bunch of fruit.  I have a cookbook of healthy recipes that I make for dinner most nights.

I also walk about 4 miles a day (2 into downtown for work, and then 2 back at the end of the day)
Sometimes I blog things

•  

Adam (birkin)

That's totally the way to do it, Anna. Definitely more sustainable and healthy that way.

I'm curious though, how did you go about changing the things you enjoyed eating and moving away from the snack foods? I'm a sucker for snacks lol.
  •  

Anna++

Slowly. I finished off my snack foods, and then stubbornly refused to restock.  I was still hungry at my normal snacking times, so I filled the space with water, white tea, or fruit.  The first few months were the worst, since my body needed to adjust, but it eventually learned to function without the snacks!
Sometimes I blog things

•  

Shantel

That's great going Anna! This month I did a complete face plant on my weight. I have been weaning myself off of alcoholic beverages and discovered Hershey's Nuggets. After consuming about five bags this month and wondering why my shirts are suddenly so tight, I read the nutrition info on the back of the package, (4) nuggets = 200 calories, OMG I've been consuming about 2000 calories extra per day here and there. I always read nutritional info on everything, why I neglected to do that probably has to do with the same reason that alcoholics have a lapse before walking into the liquor store. Uhh, guess confession is good for the soul, just don't call me fattie.   :'(  BTW - I admire your determination!
  •