Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Hobbies!

Started by Mr.X, May 13, 2013, 01:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_M

I love sports, I'll play whatever I can, e.g. Football (soccer), rugby, ice hockey, tennis, basketball...and so on.  I also love cycling.

I love video games but I'm more into sports, music (guitar hero) and racing games.  I do enjoy some of the shoot 'em ups, but not online, just by myself because I'm not that great at those, I just enjoy them :P.

I also like to play either piano or guitar.

I love martial arts and my favourite is ITF Taekwon-do so I go to classes for that 3 times a week.  I also train 6 days out of the week with Taekwon-do, cardio and strength training - so I love exercise and working out in general.

I work in VFX and I do that in my spare time too.  I also shoot my own shorts, music videos, trailers, etc.  So that's a lot of fun.  I'm also a movie buff so I watch a lot of movies.  My favourites tend to be action, thrillers, suspense, horror, martial arts & documentaries.  I hate anything romantic for the most part and there's precious few good comedies these days but I did enjoy movies like 'The Hangover' and 'Ted' but more for a laugh as they're not good quality films really; just a bit of fun.
  •  

Simon

I'm rather proficient with computers so I spend time learning more about them. When I get the cash I want to build a custom tower.

I am big into animals and nature. BIG beach bum. I love going fishing, swimming, and basically anything to do with water.

I enjoy the Zoo and other museums in the area.

Watching movies (horror and action).

Watching sports (UFC, Football, Baseball, and Professional "wraslin"). I'm considering getting into martial arts but not sure exactly what I want to try. I think Kung Fu looks neat though.

•  

Konnor

Another martial arts guy here. My dojo trains karate, jujitsu, and judo on a rotating basis. I go twice a week and LOVE it!! I also play softball in a coed GLBT league which is really fun and a great way to meet people. Other than that, I'm trying to start jogging and lifting weights on a regular basis but it's hard for me to get enthusiastic and stick with it. Sports are more my thing.
"It takes more courage to reveal insecurities than to hide them, more strength to relate to people than to dominate them, more manhood to abide by thought-out principles rather than blind reflex. Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles and an immature mind." --Alex Karras
  •  

Erik Ezrin

I have been fencing for a while, but quit because the trainer was REALLY hard on me (I was the only 'girl', not so good condition, and doing it for fun, while he wanted us all to be olympic champs), and now I'm arching on a non professional basis. I also love skiing (yeah, I know it's bad for the environment, I just like it TOO much :s) but apart from that I'm not quite a sporty person. I should probably do more, from a health perspective, but I'm just so lazy :/
I want to learn how to longboard as well.

I also really like drawing, painting, etc. just creative stuff.

Watching sci-fi, fantasy and (good) action movies, and reading books of varying genres (though I still have a knack for fantasy. I also like science magazines though)

I love video games too. Mainly fantasy games like Skyrim, Fables, etc. but also like AC I/II/III, and I used to play a lot of MMORPG games when I was younger. Now I've also developed a liking for racing games, I really love them, and tactical games (think Starcraft, Age of Empires)

And I really love music as well. I've been playing piano for 4 months now, and I really love it to death. It might not be that long, but I cannot imagine my life without it anymore, and I cannot understand I put it off for so long.

For the rest... uhm... well, I have some freaky attraction towards dead animals. I dug up my rabbit after a few years of his death, and reassembled his skeleton as a personal project (okay, I feel a little crazy for telling this, lol), and collected a few roadkill animals for the same purpose. Okay, I admit it, I'm nuts as hell, but also an overenthusiastic biologist XD
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not" -Kurt Cobain

My fb art page; https://www.facebook.com/BellaKohlerArt
My DA art page; http://asrath.deviantart.com/
  •