Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Giving reputation?

Started by Agenda Dysphoria, June 21, 2013, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agenda Dysphoria

From what I've read, there should be buttons under a user's avatar for applauding and smiting. These haven't appeared for me yet, does anyone know how I could get this feature to turn on?
  •  

Anna++

I think i read a post earlier today that said you need 50 posts to get these buttons to appear.  Keep posting,  you'll get there :)
Sometimes I blog things

Of course I'm sane.  When trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.

•  

Devlyn

I saw that, too, I thought it was fifteen posts. I wish there was a Staff member around that we could ask.

<sheepishly walking away>
  •  

Agenda Dysphoria

Quote from: Anna! on June 21, 2013, 09:26:16 PM
I think i read a post earlier today that said you need 50 posts to get these buttons to appear.  Keep posting,  you'll get there :)

Alright then, thanks for the info :)

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on June 21, 2013, 09:29:44 PM
I saw that, too, I thought it was fifteen posts. I wish there was a Staff member around that we could ask.

<sheepishly walking away>

LOL
  •  

Beth Andrea

Source, pinned topics in "Announcements"

QuoteAdministrators have been given a starting reputation of 100, other staff have been given 50 reputation. The Members have been given reputation based on their post count.

Visitors (less than 15 posts) - 10
Newbies (less than 49 posts) - 15
Neighbors (less than 99 posts) - 20
Friends (less than 499 posts) - 30
Family ( more than 500 posts - 40

I'm not sure what this means, though. Is it a "negative" ten points for visitors, or a hyphen separating the words from the numbers? Visitors obviously don't "get" 10 points of rep, and I've never jumped 40 points after passing 500 posts...

fwiw, I can see Agenda's thumbs up/thumbs down icons.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Arch

That's the old rep system. People don't start with a rep of 10 unless they've been lurking for a very long time.

Most restrictions are removed once a person has achieved 15 posts, but reputation isn't specifically mentioned as a privilege in the sticky about post counts.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

Devlyn

We don't give blogs out without fifty posts, so maybe it's the same for reputation. Agenda, the reputation isn't time sensitive, you can bookmark posts you like and give reputation points whenever.

I think we'd all like to see someone with 49 posts visit this thread!
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: Arch on June 21, 2013, 09:45:38 PM
That's the old rep system. People don't start with a rep of 10 unless they've been lurking for a very long time.

Most restrictions are removed once a person has achieved 15 posts, but reputation isn't specifically mentioned as a privilege in the sticky about post counts.

Ok...I guess my bubble is bursted.  :'( LOL, oh wellololol....there's always TOmorROW, TOmorROW...for dreams to come true... :-*
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Renee

Yep, I believe it is 50 posts before you get to use reputation if I recall correctly. Just when you do get to use it, use it wisely.

•  

Mx Pippa

Quote from: Anna++ on June 21, 2013, 09:26:16 PM
Well this can't be fair, I've just had SarahR give me an answer to a topic question, and I can't give her a thank you, with positive reputation, because I haven't posted enough. Nice to know I'm not the only one with brain cells missing.
Hi, you're with 71 year old pre-op transgender Philippa (Pippa) born back in June 1946, I live on the south coast of UK in Wimborne Minster, Dorset.

I've been with The Laurels, NHS Transgender Clinic in Exeter UK,  for 2.5 years. I started my pre-op transgender journey after having breast implant surgery done by surgeon, Mr Michael Graham at The Winterbourne Hospital, in Dorchester UK, in July 2011.

It was after breast implant surgery, my female true real-self emerged, and I started to live full time as the woman. I was adamant GRS was not an opinion, after looking deep into my inner self, thoughts have changed, also testosterone blocking Pro-strap injection have a very positive impact, together with my oestrogen, sex drive has become better and more feminine. I am now so excited, and want to get on with my GRS. 

On the list with another of Britain's top surgeons, Mr Phil Thomas in Brighton for my Gender Reassignment Surgery.

I am engaged to Michael, a wonderful supportive guy.
  •  

Devlyn

Aww....you can bookmark the thread and go back to give that point later. They're not time sensitive. Or head over to the word game, we'll have you at fifty in no time! I think I BOOTED thirty five people in the BANNED thread yesterday. Getting my drift? Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Mx Pippa

Thanks Devlyn, That must be the second time you've helped me out. Well at least I know now that giving reputation is not quite the same as giving feedback on good old Ebay, bless it's pretty little heart.
Hi, you're with 71 year old pre-op transgender Philippa (Pippa) born back in June 1946, I live on the south coast of UK in Wimborne Minster, Dorset.

I've been with The Laurels, NHS Transgender Clinic in Exeter UK,  for 2.5 years. I started my pre-op transgender journey after having breast implant surgery done by surgeon, Mr Michael Graham at The Winterbourne Hospital, in Dorchester UK, in July 2011.

It was after breast implant surgery, my female true real-self emerged, and I started to live full time as the woman. I was adamant GRS was not an opinion, after looking deep into my inner self, thoughts have changed, also testosterone blocking Pro-strap injection have a very positive impact, together with my oestrogen, sex drive has become better and more feminine. I am now so excited, and want to get on with my GRS. 

On the list with another of Britain's top surgeons, Mr Phil Thomas in Brighton for my Gender Reassignment Surgery.

I am engaged to Michael, a wonderful supportive guy.
  •