Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Transfishers??

Started by Christinaaaa, June 22, 2013, 11:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christinaaaa

I'm really into bass fishing. I hope that I can continue with it after my transition. I have a few sponsors that I dont know how they will handle it. But I hope they see it as a great opportunity. I'm sure if I make it far enough I will see plenty of publicity as a trans fisher. Maybe the first ever? I still dont know if I will compete in womens tournaments or just open tournaments?
Has anyone else encountered similar situation?
Trying to be me.
  •  

JLT1

That is an interesting question.  You would have to check on the rules for the tournament or tour.  At the local or regional level I don't think there would be a big problem.  On the pro tour, I think there would be some interesting times as in both good and bad.  Easier for FTM as opposed to MTF.  If your good enough, you can do it.

To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •