Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

"Cruel And Unusual" Trans People In Prison Documentary 2006

Started by Anatta, July 14, 2013, 02:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora,

I was just catching up on some local NZ Cis news online and you know how it is, you click on one link then another then another and eventually you're miles away from the original 'unrelated' news item...But anyway I came across this doco...

It's quite saddening yet very interesting, definitely food for thought...No doubt some things have changed since it was filmed...

I'm not sure if it's been posted before, but anyhow.......

It runs for around an hour ...

BTW I've seen the inside of a police cell(not full blown prison-just over night) on two occasions, the first was an incident  with racist city cops who were doing the rounds in South Australian bush towns (I was 17 years old "underage" and had been consuming alcohol with a meal with friends-one very small glass of beer) and the second time a friend and I were off our faces, you name it we had taken, smoked and drank it, this time the local Paramatta police  (Sydney NSW)  locked us up over night for our own good ie, we would have never made it home... ;) ;D

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

DriftingCrow

Thanks for posting the documentary, it's really good.  :)
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •