Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Remake of the Carl Sagan Cosmos series with Neil deGrasse Tyson

Started by Joelene9, July 22, 2013, 05:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joelene9

A remake of Carl Sagan's Cosmos series with astronomer Neil deGrasse Tyson is slated to come out in the spring of 2014.  For all of you Cosmos fans, this is a different take on the original series with the updates that was absent with the earlier attempts to update this series.  The trailer looks promising though.  Even the dandelion seed that Sagan used as a metaphor in the first series is mentioned.  This trailer was opened at the latest Comic-Con.

Joelene
  •  

Sara Thomas

Very cool! I never watched the series, in its' entirety, but I always loved the book!

Even having read it a coupla times over, I could still find enjoyment by just reading a few pages at random.  :)
I ain't scared... I just don't want to mess up my hair.
  •  

Misato

As soon as his hand started brushing the grain I hoped to hear Neil scream, "Are you not entertained?!?!"
  •  

Joelene9

However, there is a caveat mentioned in one of my forum groups.  It is produced from FOX and they know how to make junky news programs.  Dr. Ablow for instance and the Medical "A" Team.  We'll see what FOX does with this project.  I guess they want to make 'billions'. 

Joelene
  •  

Kaelin

Maybe we can look at this is a litmus test for what FOX can ever accomplish as far as science is concerned.  If FOX screws ups up a science-related production by Neil deGrasse Tyson, they'll screw up anything.
  •  

Jamie D

This is something I would watch on TV.  I don't watch much.

BTW - wasn't Fox that broadcast the series House?  That is one show I really liked.
  •