Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

"It's A Boy !" The Future King...But What If He's Gay ?

Started by Anatta, July 23, 2013, 01:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora,

What if he's gay ? A question posed to a NZ monarchist...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10902031

If this Prince is gay, what would happen once it comes time to crown him? Can he and his partner both be kings? If not, should the Crown not set an example by amending the rules now?
- Tom

Traditionally a male that marries a reigning sovereign becomes a "Prince Consort". That would probably happen, in the event of a gay king. There have been gay and bi-sexual kings and queens in the past, though they did not marry people of the same gender, so there would be historical precedent.

The Town crier's announcement

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/video.cfm?c_id=6&gal_objectid=10902031&gallery_id=134355

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Jamie D

He wouldn't be the first!!

Prince George, Duke of Kent (uncle to Queen Elizabeth), comes immediately to mind.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Jamie D on July 23, 2013, 01:35:44 AM
He wouldn't be the first!!

Prince George, Duke of Kent (uncle to Queen Elizabeth), comes immediately to mind.

Kia Ora Jamie,

It's true, there's been gay lesbian bi kings and 'queens'(no pun intended  ;) ;D ) but they were not allowed to marry the "same sex"...But now things have changed, with England and Wales soon to finalise same sex marriage ...

However the real issue would be if he was really a she (transsexual)....That might put a right royal spanner in the works... ;)

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Jamie D

I have no doubt there have been transgendered royals.  1 out of every 333 in a random sampling.  But prior to the 1930's there was scant little they could do medically, and even to this day, I would say nothing at all socially.

Perhaps the generations that follow you and I will make those positive changes.  I cannot express the pride I have in so many of our younger members.  In a true role reversal, they are my role models, and I learn new things about myself every day.
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

Idk I didn't think about it. I was too busy wondering if he would be hot after he grew up, lol

Didn't Elizabeth's brother or whatever give up being an heir to marry some lady whom he later divorced?
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on July 23, 2013, 02:02:18 AM
Idk I didn't think about it. I was too busy wondering if he would be hot after he grew up, lol

Didn't Elizabeth's brother or whatever give up being an heir to marry some lady whom he later divorced?

Kia Ora Trista,

George's elder brother ascended the throne as Edward VIII on the death of their father in 1936. However, later that year Edward revealed his desire to marry the divorced American socialite Wallis Simpson. British Prime Minister Stanley Baldwin advised Edward that for political and religious reasons he could not marry Simpson and remain king. Edward abdicated in order to marry, and George ascended the throne as the third monarch of the House of Windsor.

•  

Sephirah

QuoteWhat if this kid turns out to be a jerk?

That question made me laugh.

I would hope people are decent enough to be accepting of this child, regardless of sexuality or gender identity. What worries me more at the moment, is the probable interest in the most mundane and private moments of this kid's life, like the first time the royal backside is wiped. Whether Pampers has the royal seal of approval etc. And you just know there will be self-appointed Royal Baby Drool Analysts, poised to read meanings into the infant's first excretions.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Jess42

Quote from: Kuan Yin on July 23, 2013, 01:42:58 AM

However the real issue would be if he was really a she (transsexual)....That might put a right royal spanner in the works... ;)

That I would love to see and might perk my interest in the Royal Family.
  •  

stacey fisher

BUCKLEBURY where kate comes from is my home village and I was the queen of the village before her she just tryin to still the title off me
start hrt on july 11/7/2013 been living as fem for 15 months full time and changed name legal a year ago and med recs to fem started spironolactone 7/6/2014 just laying in bed after getting my surgery done on the 11/11/2015 feel so good
  •  

matthewzguitarz

Who cares if he is gay or trans? As long as people don't try to kill him for that, then everything is fine, in my opinion. But, if he does marry a guy in the future.. they could always cut the crown in half and share it, right?
  •