Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

rash after op

Started by justinesmithies, July 24, 2013, 04:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinesmithies

Hi i'm 10 weeks post op and i developed a very sore rash down below to the extent it started weeping and is very sore. I contacted my doctor here and well i couldn't see my own doctor and got a fourth year medical student and another doctor to oversee him. Now ive been married for 16 years and we are still happily married , but to my horror they just looked from a distance and said it was an STI. I told them that no way was that the case but they were having none of it and promptly took swabs for bacterial and viral. A week later and i was leaking through bads it got that bad and really red and sore even with constant baths to try and relieve it. My own doctor called me with the results which were negative as i expected. I asked for help and all he could say was just leave it ,it will go away. Luckily i was flying down to Brighton to see my surgeon Mr Thomas and the Nuffield for my 10 week post op. I told him about my doctors and he took a look and said i have major nappy rash. Stop using the carex to clean my dilators and to use hibby scrub to clean them. Also to drop the simple soap as its aggrivating the rash.
I now use dove shower gel to wash and hibbiscrub to clean my dilators. Also bepanthen and sudacrem for the nappy rash which even now is still weaping but hopefully it will heal soon.
Hope this helps someone in a similar situation.
  •