Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

1st Laser Treatment

Started by Lydia, June 15, 2007, 02:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lydia

I just had my first facial laser treatment. I have to say it stung a bit but I'm so excited. Every zap is one step closer.
  •  

gothique11

Congrats. I love/hate laser. Love that it works very well for me, but hate that it hurts so much for me -- it really, really hurts for me.

The good news is that after 5 treatments, my face is done. The bad is that my upper lip is being evil and taking longer, I just had my 7th treatment last Friday.

•  

almost,angie

Is lazer perminant? I herd electro is the only perminant soution.
  •  

seldom

Laser and electro are about as permanent as each other at this point.
The Rubies, which can barely be found anymore were not, thus the old, laser is not permanent line.  The rubies reduced hair, but it always came back.

The Alexandrites and YAGs are permanent, but you have to keep going for a year/year and a half.  You need dark hair for it to work well though.

If you have a choice between laser and electro, ALWAYS CHOOSE LASER.  Its faster, better for your skin, and is significantly cheaper in the long run.
  •  

almost,angie

Should I consider lazer insted? I`m hairy like a monkey. I`m shaved but would have lots of  hair if I didn`t. My face has been mostly grey since I was 25 1/2 my chest is grey. I need to loose it everywere. And I mean everywere!!!!!!! Are pain killers advisable? What kind if so? Diggy :D ??? ;D :-*
                                            Thanks Angie
  •  

seldom

Laser doesn't work on grey hair.
Electro is a no choice thing if there are greys.

Laser can work anywhere on the body.
  •  

Kate

Quote from: almost,angie on June 19, 2007, 07:56:50 PM
Are pain killers advisable?

One advantage of finding a doctor who operates the laser is they can prescribe lidocaine (topical pain killer). Many people say it works great, but for me it did nothing except numb the *surface* of the skin. The laser "thwacks" deep under the surface still hurt like heck, so I stopped using it after a couple sessions.

The cliche is accurate: imagine getting a thick rubber band, stretch it back a couple feet, and snap it against your face.  Repeat a hundred times ;)

~Kate~
  •