Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Where are you on the introver/extravert scale?

Started by Intertween, June 15, 2007, 12:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where are you on the introvert/extravert scale?

I'm changing from one to the other.
12 (28.6%)
Introvert with some extravert
8 (19%)
Depends on the situation
6 (14.3%)
I'm changing from one to the other.
5 (11.9%)
Extravert with some introvert
6 (14.3%)
Solid extravert
4 (9.5%)
Neither (but I am still breathing)
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Suzy

Unfortunately this scale is so often misunderstood.  A lot of the best performers are strongly introverted.  They are the deepest thinkers and get into the deepest relationships.  Extroverts have an easier time making more relationships, but by definition they are shallower.  All of us have to operate in both worlds at different times.  The question is simply which is our greatest strength.  Here is an easy test:  There is a party in a room full of people.  An extrovert will have a wonderful time seeing nearly everyone there for at least a while.  The introvert will also have a wonderful time having just a few in depth conversations with individuals.  Both came away feeling recharged.  Which one are you?

It will not change much over your life.  I have taken Myers-Briggs three times over a period of many years.  I always score near the middle on the E - I scale.  I have twice scored I and once E.  I am an ISFJ.

Kristi
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Kristi on June 18, 2007, 10:28:28 PM
Unfortunately this scale is so often misunderstood.  A lot of the best performers are strongly introverted.  They are the deepest thinkers and get into the deepest relationships.  Extroverts have an easier time making more relationships, but by definition they are shallower.  All of us have to operate in both worlds at different times.  The question is simply which is our greatest strength.  Here is an easy test:  There is a party in a room full of people.  An extrovert will have a wonderful time seeing nearly everyone there for at least a while.  The introvert will also have a wonderful time having just a few in depth conversations with individuals.  Both came away feeling recharged.  Which one are you?

It will not change much over your life.  I have taken Myers-Briggs three times over a period of many years.  I always score near the middle on the E - I scale.  I have twice scored I and once E.  I am an ISFJ.

Kristi
OMG Kristi, you are so pretty. Off topic, nothing at all to do with the thread, sorry I just had to get that out.  :)
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Melissa

Well, by the definitions people have posted here, I'm a solid extravert.  I remember taking the Myers-Briggs test several months ago and I scored high (maybe 100%, I can't remember) on the extravert.

Quote from: Kristi on June 18, 2007, 10:28:28 PM
It will not change much over your life.  I have taken Myers-Briggs three times over a period of many years.  I always score near the middle on the E - I scale.

Prior to transition, I always scored introvert.  Even by the definitions listed here I was an introvert.  That changed almost as soon as I went fulltime.  I LOVE being around people now.
  •  

Keira

I concur, Kristi, your new picture is HOT, every is balanced, hair, makeup, expression, top.

;D

You'll be a magnet looking like that, so prepare to be an extrovert if you're not already
;)

•