Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Teeth

Started by TG-Bobbi, June 16, 2007, 10:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TG-Bobbi

Well, I have been trying to do ssome research and have found nothing. So maybe some one here knows the answer. I am an older TG (age 62) and have dentures.

I need to get a new set and I wonder if there is any differance in male and female teeth.

Should I tell the dentist that I am a TG, or just get a new set of regular dentures.

Bobbi
  •  

Keira

Female teeth are smaller, but they've got a smaller jaw and smaller, more U shaped dental arc with less teeth showing through a smaller mouth.

That's on average, there are attractive women with large arcs and large
mouths (Julia Roberts, one of the beauty queens on Amazing Race, etc).

So, i don't think its worth it to change the teeth size, it will look weird and may be not feasible.

Putting smaller teeth in a large male mouth will show most of your teeth when you smile (not usual, look like a shark) and it would change you bite (since the distance between upper jaw and lower jaw would be different). That's never a good thing.

•  

melissa90299

Actually, there exists feminization of the teeth, Dr. Ousterhout who is also a DDS, has spoken about this, I don't have any specific info on it, call Mira at Dr Ousterhout's office and she will be probably know someone who specializes in this, tell her Nicole Anderson referred you.

If I were to replace my lower teeth, I would opt for smaller teeth so less lower teeth would show.
  •  

Keira

Melissa, if your lower teeth show, it may simply be because your lower lip has sagged a bit; there is a lip lift for the lower lip too.

My lower teeth have never showed. But, I have a very acute dental arc, even when I smile very hard, only 6 teeth show. I've got a congenitally underdevelloped jaw. Basically, my dental arc, chin height and upper and lower jaw bone and gonial angle is average for a female. Not sure about the teeth, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were also in female range (I don't quite know where to get that data). Only my masseter is in male range.

One thing I've found interesting is that low testosterone in the womb has an effect on the digit ratio and certain facial caracteristics like nose breadth, jaw and chin. A lot of the head caracteristics are devellopped even prior to puberty, and even birth. On average, the male childs with the most gracile heads pre-puberty are those that have the lowest T exposure according to the digit ratio and they keep those features into adulthood.

•  

melissa90299

My point is that there are dental procedures that address feminization.
QuoteMy lower teeth have never showed.

Give it time, my dear.
  •  

Keira

I don't know how old you think I am. I'm 39.5 years old. I'm not that young. I take majorly care of my skin, have put on 50-60 SPF (UVB-UVA) sunscreen every time I go out for the last 15 years. Skin damage from sun is the main reason gravity is able to age the face. The second reason is fat loss with aging, that's a function of heredity, but now you can inject for a not too high amount and arrest heredity.

My father's bothom teeth don't show and he's 78 and my mother's 60 and her teeth also don't show.  My father had his upper teeth show, at rest, in his 50's. So, they're heredity in there also.
  •  

melissa90299

I am old enough to be your mother, you look young to me.

•  

Berliegh

Also do hormones have a bad effect on teeth? mine have got more brittle since HRT......as have my nails and hair. Prior to HRT I could grow my nails really long but not anymore, they just break...
  •