Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

drink

Started by Pica Pica, June 16, 2007, 09:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pica Pica

i am not a drunk, but i am drunk. Why is it so nice?
  •  

Autumn

Narrows one's perception of reality, and since most of reality is pretty unpleasant, by that virtue it makes everything better.  I ran out a couple of days ago.
  •  

Wendy

Pica Pica,

Drinking does calm me down and makes me relax.

I did find a nice substitute.  I have been avoiding the drinks and taking a walk in the evening.  I have also been munching on hot (spicy) dried peppers.  Now that wakes me up!
  •  

lisagurl

Drinking to get high is a losing battle. However a good glass of wine with a great meal helps digestion and leaves a pleasant relaxed feeling.
  •  

Wendy

Quote from: Kiera on October 27, 2007, 04:41:25 AM
Drinking dulls ours senses and reactions and takes "the edge" off of life, people do it as a matter of course all the time but I for one seriously stopped entirely about 2 years ago and use nicotine instead to kill the pain.

Drinking does wonders for the liver and smoking wonders for the heart.  I being a moderate drinker calculate I have consumed the equivalent of 600 bottles of Scotch.  At $20 per bottle that is about a $12,000 habit.  If you include some cognac and nice wine the habit will double in expense to $24,000.  For me that works out to about $2 a day for alcoholic beverages or equivalent to just 2 beers a day!

I do enjoy the state "before" getting drunk which is called a "buzz". I do think my tolerance to alcohol has increased over time so that the number of drinks required for a buzz increased.  I have not stopped drinking but I try to only drink a small amount a couple of times a week.

By the way the hot pepper habit is inexpensive and the capsicum does have health benefits.
  •  

gothique11

I drink socially, from time to time. Drinking actually does make me hyper and full of energy. Then again, a lot of things react differently in me than they should in most people. Oh, I'm also a flirt when I drink. Thus, I get drinks bought for me when I go out. But I really watch the drinks, and I go to the bar, etc, because I've been drugged before.

•  

Robin_p

Quote from: Pica Pica on June 16, 2007, 09:16:37 PM
i am not a drunk, but i am drunk. Why is it so nice?

giggles

I'm a drunk thank GOD i dont have to feel that way anymore.
I had to drink every last drop to see the futility of life as i perceived it looking over a glass of scotch.
I needed a Fifth of scotch a day to be normal.

Once i got over the why and stoped hating GOD and myself i found recovery for a hopless state of mind and body.

GOT HOPE!!   giggles
  •  

suregirl

I used alcohol to deny who I was and became a full blown alkie-now I dont drink and hey guess what?-I like myself today :angel:
  •