Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Belly Fat, Scrawny Arms, and Sore Legs

Started by Night Haven, August 21, 2013, 01:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Haven

Rolling this all into one thread.

1. Belly fat. Does anyone know of foods, exercises, etc. that can help get rid of belly fat? I've been exercising (running and walking, mainly) to decrease fat all over by body, but perhaps there's something that works better to get rid of it than I've been doing.

2. I've got very scrawny arms. Or rather - they're weak, especially the triceps, and I can't seem to gain muscle very quickly. That should change when I'm on T, but that won't be for a while. In the meantime - any tips?

3. Sore legs; calves, specifically. I ran a lot more than I was used to (and at one point, on my toes, which I've attributed most of the soreness to), and can't quite walk right at the moment. Does anyone have ways to alleviate soreness and prevent it before exercise?

All comments are appreciated, so thank you before hand.  :)
-Fight for the changes you want to see made; become the changes you want to see in the world.-

-The world is worse enough as it is; let us be and let be. Let's stop spreading hate and start spreading acceptance...-
  •  

Devlyn

I hope you're stretching and warming up before you exercise, that's a prerequisite. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Kia

Actually you shouldn't stretch before you workout since you have a higher rate of injury, stretch afterwards

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-04-15-stretching-muscles_N.htm 

as far as the rest:

1) Cardio is the best exercise to eliminate fat from all over especially round the belly, so you're doing fine with the running and walking. If you have a bike that's good too.

2) There's always the go to of push ups, when I was doing martial arts conditioning we would sprint across the dojo (about half a basketball court for comparison) and do one pushup run backwards to the start and do two, then run forward and do three pushups repeating this process up to ten or twenty. so after counting to ten you've done around 50 it always killed me and got my arms toned. You could also look into free weights.

3) as for the soreness firstly don't try to push yourself to hard, start slow and the more you exercise the more momentum builds and builds but if you overexert and hurt yourself then you lose a fair bit of that momentum. this is also where you should stretch, after a workout. Soreness is caused be a build up of lactic acid in the muscles it sort of crystallizes and makes your muscles stiff, stretching helps break up that acid and gets your muscles back in working order. Yoga is a pretty good stretch besides all it's other fitness benefits. Also massage! rub all you're sore bits and massage them again trying to break up those areas where lactic acid has built up. As far as prevention the best I can say is don't push yourself to hard, since lactic acid is a byproduct of muscle metabolism you can't really stop it. But if you don't over exert yourself the amount will be tolerable or even unnoticeable

Remember you don't need to look like a gatorade add to get a good workout. Something that I recently learned is that when you're doing your cardio and you feel your belly and it's cool that means your burning fat.
  •