Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Altering Voice?

Started by gennee, June 18, 2007, 09:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gennee

I am thinking of making my voice sound more feminine. It has never been an issue with me to speak in my normal voice. I would like to hear your thoughts.  

Gennee

???
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

candifla

That would be fantastic to match the voice with the face. I'm not on HRT, but am fairly feminine if I am made up. It is at those times when I look feminine and speak with a male voice that the experience is jarring. The voice should match the persona. I think there was a recent article about  androgynous people are viewed as less trustworthy by other people, and a voice that is a mismatch would be even worse imo.

Just take is slow and practice as much as possible without straining your cords. It will come.
  •  

stephanology

I'm told I have a reasonable femme voice, and I haven't figured out how to raise my pitch.

For me, the thing is to annunciate all of your words, vary your pitch as you speak, and mimic the style women speak with.  Boys are much more monotonous than girls, so varying your tone always sounds more feminine.

Also, get any kind of recorder and listen back to yourself, and you'll progress much faster.

ALso Also, SING!  Singing is great for any kind of vocal progress!  Also, it's fun!  I can't sing along with most female singers, but singing along with guy singers in a femme voice is a lot of fun!

Best luck, Gennee!
  •