Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

A powerful quote?

Started by Drawcansir, September 02, 2013, 04:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drawcansir

So, I was watching an episode of criminal minds (4x20 for anyone interested) and at the end of the show Reid said a quote which struck me as being particularly powerful and meaningful.

That quote was: "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." - Stephen King

That can be interpreted in many ways and I hope I don't incite anything wrong to anyone by posting it here, I just thought it was quite interesting to think about.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Drawcansir on September 02, 2013, 04:03:50 PM
So, I was watching an episode of criminal minds (4x20 for anyone interested) and at the end of the show Reid said a quote which struck me as being particularly powerful and meaningful.

That quote was: "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." - Stephen King

That can be interpreted in many ways and I hope I don't incite anything wrong to anyone by posting it here, I just thought it was quite interesting to think about.

Kia Ora D,

Anger, hatred, jealousy, and the like-=Monsters

Memories, wholesome and unwholesome that come back to haunt=Ghosts

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

You're going to give me nightmares with that. 
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

Kia

reminds me of the famous Nietzsche quote:
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

but that also reminds me of a quote I like much more by one of my personal heroes Alfred Jarry:

QuoteIt is conventional to call 'monster' any blending of dissonant elements. I call 'monster' every original inexhaustible beauty.
  •